• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Having a hard time finding a difinitive answer to this. I have an individual who is from Deleware, live in Indiana but still has a Deleware drivers license, he want to buy my AR. Is this ok or does it have to go thru an FFL?

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    He is attending college in-state. Not a permanent resident. I know if it were a handgun it would have to go thru a ffl, but what about an AR?

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I would not do it F2F. Ask an FFL. He would need to see the buyer's DL. What do you think would happen when he sees "Delaware" on the DL?

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    FYI to everyone, called the ATF office in indy, they told me that if the person has lived in Indiana for 90 days, that established residency and the sale is legal.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    FYI to everyone, called the ATF office in indy, they told me that if the person has lived in Indiana for 90 days, that established residency and the sale is legal.

Did you mention they were just going to school here? If he is a resident here, by law he must give up his current DL and get an Indiana DL.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As a student, with a Delaware license, he is a legal resident of Delaware. He has chosen to remain a resident of Delaware by not obtaining an Indiana license. Personally, if you want to sell it to him I'd suggest doing it through an FFL and not FTF. No sense in getting jacked up by the laws.

MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    When I moved to IN from Ohio, roughly a year ago, I was unable to get financial aid to continue college until I had been a legal IN resident for a full year. I was told that I had to switch to an IN drivers license and have had it for a full year before I had been a legal resident for a full year. So after December, I can get financial aid again... bottom line though, to be considered a legal resident of IN, you have to have the DL or state ID.

Top Bottom