• nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Saints coach Payton: 'I hate guns'

“Two hundred years from now, they’re going to look back and say, ‘What was that madness about?’ “ Payton said. “The idea that we need them to fend off intruders … people are more apt to draw them (in other situations). That’s some silly stuff we’re hanging onto.”

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

“We could go online and get 10 of them, and have them shipped to our house tomorrow,” he said. “I don’t believe that was the intention when they allowed for the right for citizens to bear arms.”

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I always love the "that's not what they meant when they wrote it" arguments. Unless they're writing with a quill and ink, printing on a primitive printing press or spreading their message via a town crier, then I guess one could make the same argument against the 1st amendment too. :rolleyes: Certainly our founding fathers never envisioned the internet when they guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

And I guess Mr. Payton has a C&R license (at least) if he's able to order guns online and have them shipped right to his house.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Says the guy who actually ordered hits on human beings. Maybe he shouldn't be allowed to have guns. I've personally never paid anyone to hurt another person.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I always love the "that's not what they meant when they wrote it" arguments. Unless they're writing with a quill and ink, printing on a primitive printing press or spreading their message via a town crier, then I guess one could make the same argument against the 1st amendment too. :rolleyes: Certainly our founding fathers never envisioned the internet when they guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

And I guess Mr. Payton has a C&R license (at least) if he's able to order guns online and have them shipped right to his house.

I agree with the overall sentiment but let's keep our facts straight. I've ordered guns online and had them shipped right to my house without any kind of special licenses so that part of his statement is accurate. And these were true military grade and used weapons.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mr Payton.....lets start putting this hate towards the ******* that misuse the tool (gun)
    This is where we need to focus our attention.

I have never liked this guy and apparently his "X" wife does not anymore as well.......He is an A$$

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    “I don’t believe that was the intention when they allowed for the right for citizens to bear arms.”

Actually, had the Founding Fathers had knowledge of what the future would bring I suspect this would be a whole lot closer to how they wanted things than the current state of affairs.

Some people hate guns due largely to ignorance. This guy seems to hate guns because he's afraid they may be used against him while he demonstrates predatory behavior.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Individual freedom. He's free to hate guns... and gun owners. And hurricanes. And looters. And Bill Belichick.

Whatevs.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I hate guns too. They are scary. :nailbite:

...now, somebody write me a check for millions of dollars so I can go buy more guns!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was a large caliber gun. A .45,” Payton said. “It was designed back during World War I. And this thing just stops people. It will kill someone within four or five seconds after they are struck. You bleed out.

At least his research led him to the truth. :n00b:

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I never knew you could have a gun shipped to your house and here I've been going to stores filling out those pesky 4473's. That's almost as believable as the graph that was posted in the article.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Agreed but STFU. Play the games, cash the enormouse checks and just STFU

(Hoping you mean for him to STFU, and not me. If you mean me, I'm still waiting for the enormouse checks.) :D

I dunno, 1A and all. He's free to say stupid stuff and we're free to ridicule and mock him. I kinda like it that way.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I have no problem with people having their own opinion. None. Even completely wrong ones. However, he has a microphone and a million people listening. Not the same as you or me. If people want to air their personal opinions in public forum - so be it - I'm doing it right now, however for the NFL to allow it through their medium then that's saying the NFL agrees with that personal opinion. If not, they should stat it. However, what the NFL does is put people like Bob Costas in their employ, put them on at halftime, and give them three minutes to rant about how evil guns are.

Personal opinion - fine - you have your right to be wrong. An entire industry - kiss my hairy @zz.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have no problem with people having their own opinion. None. Even completely wrong ones. However, he has a microphone and a million people listening. Not the same as you or me. If people want to air their personal opinions in public forum - so be it - I'm doing it right now, however for the NFL to allow it through their medium then that's saying the NFL agrees with that personal opinion. If not, they should stat it. However, what the NFL does is put people like Bob Costas in their employ, put them on at halftime, and give them three minutes to rant about how evil guns are.

Personal opinion - fine - you have your right to be wrong. An entire industry - kiss my hairy @zz.
    I think it's safe to say the NFL supports Payton's stance. That's OK. I've found that as the NFL has moved towards the left, I've grown to find their product less and less attractive. Judging by their success, I think there are few like me though.

Top Bottom