Saiga 12 video, surprising slo mo revelation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    full-auto; I looked at the EX-F1, but it was waaay more than I could justify for fun. Sweet camera, though

Sparky241; in the video you linked it appears that the brass for the AK is hitting the carrier while it's still on the way back. On my S12 the carrier is moving back forward when the charging handle smacks it. I could imagine that it happens every once in a while, but I was surprised that it seems to happen every time. I don't know if it's "designed" that way, but I doubt it... I'm not running stock recoil springs. Maybe I'll put the OEM spring back in and see if (or how much) that changes it.

45Guy; No problems, other than a worn finish on the charging handle.

you can put the oem back in it but it will still keep happening.there may be a way to adjust the extractor but it isnt gonna throw shells like a polish tantal.

Last edited:

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What happens on the last shot? If it holds open on the last shot, does it throw the shell at you? Not too familiar with the Saiga mechanics.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    What happens on the last shot? If it holds open on the last shot, does it throw the shell at you? Not too familiar with the Saiga mechanics.

None of the Saiga 12's that you are "allowed" to buy in the U.S. have the Last Round Bolt Hold Open (LRBHO), but there are kits available from Cadiz Gun Works or they'll do the work for you.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    ...Not until mine gets built anyways (LRBHO)

Hey mammy, if you want to upgrade your charging handle, the tromix bolt on round thingy is amazing...it's like charging a 60.

2359262.JPG

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    ...Not until mine gets built anyways (LRBHO)

Hey mammy, if you want to upgrade your charging handle, the tromix bolt on round thingy is amazing...it's like charging a 60.
    Does it rotate? I have the impression that it's fixed and attaches with set screw(s), but I've never seen one.

If it's too much like a 60, I might have nightmares about the "schlink" sound....

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    it doesn't, it fits the shape of the charging handle as it is curved internally and a set screw holds it there. I love mine. Night and day difference. I wouldn't worry about having m60 "schlink" nightmares. Start worrying if you have "schlong" nightmares.

Top Bottom