• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I myself have been looking into purchasing a Saiga 12 after I shot one at the range with a drum and a 6 position collapsable stock, :ar15:bada$$ btw). I've noticed people change the trigger and/or guard position why is this?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Because they suck in their "sporter" configuration. Ergonomics are terrible, and the trigger is plain awful. Very simple process to fix it, and their is a lot of great information to help you with it. I used the videos on Carolina Shooting Supplies website the first time I did one.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Because they suck in their "sporter" configuration. Ergonomics are terrible, and the trigger is plain awful. Very simple process to fix it, and their is a lot of great information to help you with it. I used the videos on Carolina Shooting Supplies website the first time I did one.

I used the same videos. It was really easy to do, and soooo worth it. Its an awesome gun.

2011-12-10_20-13-16_830.jpg

Ive taken off the crap red dot and put MBUS sights on it now, but I dont like them and I think Im just gonna take the whole rail off and go back to the regular handguard.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Same as above.

DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0458.jpg

Any info/help that can't be found on INGO, and it's pretty unlikely someone here can't help you, can be found here: forum.Saiga-12.com

The only downside is that after you convert an S12, you'll ask yourself "Why don't I do a Saiga 7.62 and a 5.45?" And so you will. ;)

DSCF0744.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Did you shoot the S12 in converted or unconverted form? If you only shot a converted gun, the second you shoot an unconverted gun will be a giant wake up call. There is a bunch of linkage to connect the trigger parts together making a horrible trigger. You may then experience trigger slap. You'll also notice the balance is way off.

Make sure you convert your s12 or i'll make fun of you...and don't go buy one of those tapco "almost" conversions or everyone will think you're a dork.

Unconverted (and lame as hell)
    TapcoSaigaStock.jpg

Converted
    S02XSw-lg.jpg

Bull pupped
    post-617-131101793035.jpg

Krinkov
    SaigaTechUSA-S12Krink.jpg

Full auto
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z66AdC6UhXs

conan1rice

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Wayne County
    :ar15::ar15::a r15: just did my conversion yesterday night. Took about 4.5 hours but totally worth it. Almost doubles the value of the gun and makes it so much cooler. hardest part is getting the shepards hook installed on the axis pins. i sprang for the doh stock with the side folder. its really great and css is a great company and their videos helped a lot.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I have watched many of the vids on youtube about the conversion. It looks pretty straight forward if you pay attention and take your time. Once the baby gets here and the wifey goes back to work I may just have to pick up a couple for us to give me something to do between diaper changes and feedings...LOL... While we were shopping at Bradis today we did eyeball the Saigas before checking out and she kinda liked them... I LOVE MY WIFE ;-)

Top Bottom