• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have 1. It resides in the safety deposit box. It is safe there. The 1911 I learned to shoot with at 12 years old. My uncle carried it when stationed in Korea and all through the Nam. It has been in my possession for 5 years. I will never sell it no matter what.
    I have shot it and will again.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    No safe queens here. I won't put myself in a position where I have a gun so nice that I'm afraid to use it and get some wear on it. I have plenty of sub-$600 firearms that, when they receive some wear marks on them, I simply call it "character."

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have several. Eventually all but one will get used. I'm just not in any hurry. One will never lose it's virginity from me, it's purity will be enjoyed by my heir and hopefully his as well. Even though it's not the most expensive or the fanciest gun I own,(Henry Golden Boy, .22mag) I purchased it (plus had in engraved with my military record) with every intention of using it as an heirloom from day 1 for my son. Some safe queens are there for a reason.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have safe queens. All have been fired at times.

Once you have the basics covered 22 plinkers and targets, hunting rifles and shotguns. Personal protection pieces then you get
    into the collection part of things. I collect lever action 22's but one of the marlin model 39a's gets the majority of the play time.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've had what I called safe queens. I didn't shoot them very often and sold them for something else. Now, as I look back at my Photobucket account, I wish I would have let them stay in the safe. I really miss my .357 Security Six, along with a few others, including a few ARs and a Sig P226. I've made a vow to never sell or trade a gun from now on, though. If I don't use it now, that doesn't mean I won't use it a year or two down the road.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had what I called safe queens. I didn't shoot them very often and sold them for something else. Now, as I look back at my Photobucket account, I wish I would have let them stay in the safe. I really miss my .357 Security Six, along with a few others, including a few ARs and a Sig P226. I've made a vow to never sell or trade a gun from now on, though. If I don't use it now, that doesn't mean I won't use it a year or two down the road.

My photo bucket account reads the same way.....memory's and a few regrets.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    No safe queens here. I won't put myself in a position where I have a gun so nice that I'm afraid to use it and get some wear on it. I have plenty of sub-$600 firearms that, when they receive some wear marks on them, I simply call it "character."
    Me, too !!!!! I try to shoot all of my guns .....

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    I used to shot all my guns but i got married. Now i only have time to practice with the five guns used in comp. That still doesn't mean i have to sell any. I sold a .223 LTR because i hardly ever shot it. It was so boringly accurate, big mistake.

Street Howitzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2013
    South Bend
    I've got a Remington 1898 double barrel that used to be my Grandpa's that I've never shot and don't plan to. Other than that they're all shooters. Life is too short and dollars too few to not enjoy what I have.

kbryant777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2014
    plainfield
    I had 1 and the only reason it was a safe queen is I had no need for it there for I didn't shoot it, the Tommy gun got traded off for something that would be shot more.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have safe queens. All have been fired at times.

Once you have the basics covered 22 plinkers and targets, hunting rifles and shotguns. Personal protection pieces then you get
    into the collection part of things.

My feelings exactly. I have several safe queens.
    Aaron

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have safe queens. One is a M1 Carbine I got from my fathers estate after he passed. He bought it in the mid 1950's. I've shot it but not much. Will never sell it and plan on giving to my son one day. Ditto with an old Stevens double barrel. The other couple I have are mainly do to very out outrageous ammo prices that have (until recently) plagued us all. For the past year all I've been shooting is my carry gun.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I buy guns for semi-specific jobs...that being said I currently have 4 guns I haven't shot yet. 1 I can't shoot at my range, 1 needs a scope first and the other 2 are handguns I purchased this month and it's cold outside. Otherwise when I go to the range, pretty much take my entire collection to play with. Some get more rounds shot through them than others but they all get a turn and I'll gladly keep adding to the collection.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a couple that I was able to pick up that had never been shot. They are going to stay that way. I have enough to scratch any itch that this doesn't bother me.

Top Bottom