• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's easy to laugh at Ron Paul when your party's leaders include the likes of John McCain, Mitt Romney, Michael Bloomberg, Chris Christie, Newt Gingrich and dozens of others just like them.
    Psh. I laugh at Ron Paul and consider none of those people my "leader" or even my "party's" leader. Ron is outside the mainstream, and no matter how good his message, his delivery just plain sux. And that's on a good day. To someone without political savvy and a heart for freedom even at the expense of security (and for sure to those who think government is the answer), Paul sounds like he needs to be committed.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Search any "NRA sucks" thread and you will find SAF being awarded the Medal of Paul time and time again.

I know not where this love of SAF comes from (hell, they litigated against an INGO member), but is important for gun owners to realize who is selling them out.

Do you behave this way in real life?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do you behave this way in real life?

I defend Liberty in real life.

SAF is selling us out time after time and yet INGO hates the NRA and attacks those who expose SAF's betrayals of our Liberty.

INGO Paradigm: SAF attacks Liberty, INGO responds by attacking me, the one true Guardian of Liberty.:D

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I defend Liberty in real life.

SAF is selling us out time after time and yet INGO hates the NRA and attacks those who expose SAF's betrayals of our Liberty.

What are you talking about, Kirk?

The SAF sounds like a bunch of cowards. I never attacked you for exposing their cowardice.

You keep talking about "INGO" saying this and that and I I can't figure out what you're talking about. You're attributing this to an entire community and can't come up with a single link to show what you're talking about. Most here love the NRA.

You posted good info, though.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Well, I know I've seen it before but not going to take the time to dig it up...guys rag on the NRA and say they give their money to "no compromise" organizations like SAF/JPFO/GOA

What the Cobra guy said....I recall this back/forth discussions last year before the SAF came out in support of the UBC's...since then its been...

images

Since then not so much NRA bashing....people have just gone quiet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You keep talking about "INGO" saying this and that and I I can't figure out what you're talking about.

If you cannot figure out the search function, then I cannot help you. I am not a computer person.

I recall this back/forth discussions last year before the SAF came out in support of the UBC's...since then its been...

images

When SAF dropped the mask and exposed their anti-Liberty agenda, it got a lot less sanctimonious at INGO. However, we still see the NRA bashing.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Psh. I laugh at Ron Paul and consider none of those people my "leader" or even my "party's" leader. Ron is outside the mainstream, and no matter how good his message, his delivery just plain sux. And that's on a good day. To someone without political savvy and a heart for freedom even at the expense of security (and for sure to those who think government is the answer), Paul sounds like he needs to be committed.

You can deny it all you want - they're still Republican leaders. Mainstream GOP.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    What the Cobra guy said....I recall this back/forth discussions last year before the SAF came out in support of the UBC's...since then its been...

images

Since then not so much NRA bashing....people have just gone quiet.

Ok... So the SAF did well for a while and then sold out?

Does that mean it was bad to support their work before they sold out?

Are we trying to manufacture some sort of hypocrisy here?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Ok... So the SAF did well for a while and then sold out?

Does that mean it was bad to support their work before they sold out?

Are we trying to manufacture some sort of hypocrisy here?

I believe those bashing the NRA say they sold out before(maybe during the original AWB?)..and the 2AF walked on water. That was the mantra of some on here until last year when the 2AF embraced UBC's...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I believe those bashing the NRA say they sold out before(maybe during the original AWB?)..and the 2AF walked on water. That was the mantra of some on here until last year when the 2AF embraced UBC's...

So they sold us out and their supporters stopped supporting them?

Still fail to see why this is a bad thing. Sounds pretty logical to me. Time to find some organizations to support that haven't sold us out yet.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So they sold us out and their supporters stopped supporting them?

Still fail to see why this is a bad thing. Sounds pretty logical to me. Time to find some organizations to support that haven't sold us out yet.
    Kirk is using his own brand of logic again. A single person on INGO makes a claim and suddenly it is the opinion/mantra of every INGO member.

His definition of liberty seems to change depending on issue though. I nearly choked on my Diet Coke when I read that statement from him.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk is using his own brand of logic again. A single person on INGO makes a claim and suddenly it is the opinion/mantra of every INGO member.

His definition of liberty seems to change depending on issue though. I nearly choked on my Diet Coke when I read that statement from him.

Heh. He's a real champion for liberty when he's not busy suing his neighbors over their lawn aesthetics.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    A single person on INGO makes a claim and suddenly it is the opinion/mantra of every INGO member.

He never said everybody, because it's not everybody. Time to time, people get on here and bash the NRA and sing praises of the other "3". I took it as an open message to the anti-NRA types, rather than anybody specifically. Other's have spoken up they remember seeing these types of conversations in the past as well. It happens here and on just about every other gun forum. I used to be anti-NRA myself. I gave into temptation a few years ago and am a proud member.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    He never said everybody, because it's not everybody. Time to time, people get on here and bash the NRA and sing praises of the other "3". I took it as an open message to the anti-NRA types, rather than anybody specifically. Other's have spoken up they remember seeing these types of conversations in the past as well. It happens here and on just about every other gun forum. I used to be anti-NRA myself. I gave into temptation a few years ago and am a proud member.
    On the contrary. He attributed it to "Indiana gun owners." Which technically speaking would be even worse, since there are a passel of gun owners who are not members of INGO. But even if you read the line from the limited scope of this forum, it's still full of :poop:.

I know it's not everybody. You know it's not everybody. Hell, even Kirk knows it's not everybody. But that didn't stop him from presenting the position as one of all of INGO.

The recollections of some members of conversation held in which the NRA was lambasted for their positions on all issues firearms is hardly evidence for the claim that all of INGO hates the NRA. Kirk's telling of the facts is like looking at them through the funhouse mirrors. You know what you see is somewhat representative of the real thing, but the reflection is horribly skewed.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

So why is it bad when the SAF compromises on our rights, but good when the NRA does it?

Or is the argument that they all have to do it, and we should support them all?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So why is it bad when the SAF compromises on our rights, but good when the NRA does it?

Or is the argument that they all have to do it, and we should support them all?

because I've been brainwashed by their marketing and propaganda and supporting them makes me feel like im somehow a better American. Better to let others think for me that to think for myself.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    On the contrary. He attributed it to "Indiana gun owners." Which technically speaking would be even worse, since there are a passel of gun owners who are not members of INGO. But even if you read the line from the limited scope of this forum, it's still full of :poop:.

I know it's not everybody. You know it's not everybody. Hell, even Kirk knows it's not everybody. But that didn't stop him from presenting the position as one of all of INGO.

The recollections of some members of conversation held in which the NRA was lambasted for their positions on all issues firearms is hardly evidence for the claim that all of INGO hates the NRA. Kirk's telling of the facts is like looking at them through the funhouse mirrors. You know what you see is somewhat representative of the real thing, but the reflection is horribly skewed.
    jeez

Top Bottom