• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    This post is hilarious especially the first page. If its a vote I saw replace the frame for free but it's not mine put lipstick on it and tuck it in at night for all I care. I do love my 26/27 tho just as long as they function as I need them to.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    I just knew the boobs analogy would get traction here. A new makeover for your gun and its can be the start of a new relationship. I have a feeling we should offer counseling for those of us who have lost a loved-gun.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I just knew the boobs analogy would get traction here. A new makeover for your gun and its can be the start of a new relationship. I have a feeling we should offer counseling for those of us who have lost a loved-gun.

Think you found your calling

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Glad you all understand..........no I didnt carry it off Normandy Beach or kill Japs at Iwo Jima with it, I just carried it almost daily in central Indiana, the stress fracture isnt bad (IMHO), night sights was why I stopped off in Smyrna, so I decided to retire it. I have others.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Happy/Sad day in Smyrna - Glock Talk

This is the type of CRACK my Glock has just not all the way through to top hole yet, will carry, not shoot (much) my old friend.

Click above link:to see Glock frame crack pic....................how many of you field stripping and checking your Glock frames now EH?

Don't shoot yourselves.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    When i took the armors course i thought i remember them saming the serial number would come back as BSAxxx-01 the. 01 to show the replacement of a serial numbered part. Did this change?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes, they no longer re number swapped frames, said it was cost innefective, they will issue a "G" prefixed frame replacement.

Now I just examined its twin brother a BRU prefixed G-26 9mm and that frame too shows a stress fraction on its left side, but higher up adjacent to the slide lock hole.

Cracking frames - Glock Talk

Look at the pic of another Officers frame in the above link.

My G-26 is also 2.5 gen but barely used/carried/fired, so I wonder whats up with Older Glock Frames?!?

I recertify at the Glock Armorers class schedualed for 9 July locally (Hamilton County) and will definatly ask some questions of the Glock experts there. Imagine if all Glock frames became brittle over time......YIKES!!!

Original post on GT:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492391

Top Bottom