• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    Using the serial number, how can I find out what year my SA 1911A1 was made?
    I looked on the SA web site but could not find anything there. I Googled it and that was a dead end. I also searched this site with no luck.
    This is a modern 1911A1 and I know it made was before 2001 because it does not have an internal lock or a loaded chamber indicator. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    RH

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Using the serial number, how can I find out what year my SA 1911A1 was made?
    I looked on the SA web site but could not find anything there. I Googled it and that was a dead end. I also searched this site with no luck.
    This is a modern 1911A1 and I know it made was before 2001 because it does not have an internal lock or a loaded chamber indicator. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    RH

Call Springfield customer service.

kup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NW IN
    Call SA

Just call Springfield and they will tell you, done it 3-4 times, very pleasant and helpful lady every time.

800-680-6866

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I'm just curious. Why is this important to you?

I picked up the gun used from another INGO member a few months ago, I am at least the 4th owner. The documentation that I received with the gun lead me to believe it was made in 2004 (copy-write date on the manual). However while reading the history section in the manual I discovered that the loaded chamber indicator was added to all SA 1911's in January of 2001.
    My gun does not have a loaded chamber indicator meaning, either it has an after market barrel or the original manual was lost and replaced. I just want to know how old this gun really is.

RH

Top Bottom