• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I had 4 of them. Bought a 9 when they first came out and it needed a lot of rounds thru it to be reliable. Buddy of mine wanted to buy it and we spent one afternoon putting 400 rds thru it. i told him I would not sell it to him if it didn't smooth out. He's still got it and loves it. I also had a 40 and 2 other 9's no problems with any of them. Like has been said the triggers are heavy but I got used to 'em and I really like the Sigma for the price and reliabilty.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I tell my customers that Sigmas are decent guns if you can live with them exactly as they come out of the box. Not much upgrading, accessorizing or customization can be done, and holster selection is somewhat limited.

We sell a lot of 'em, and the return rate is surprisingly low.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I actually would not mind having one. After talking with owners, they seem pleased with the reliability, and those who know how to use a double action trigger are pleased with the accuracy. I like the trigger compared to the single action like trigger of the Glock, XD, and M&P because I'm really not as comfortable as I'd like with those guns. Didn't use to bother me, but as time has gone on I've gotten to like a heavier double action trigger.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Was my first handgun. I HATED it. But that's ok, because I traded up to a Baby Desert Eagle! :rockwoot:

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    I had a first gen in .40 several years ago... yes it was crap. Long trigger pull and not very reliable. Sold it to a friend who still has it. Guess he thought it was better than crap.

simpleman44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    white county
    I have a 9ve and love it. Has aroung 400 rounds thru it so far and goes bang every time. The 1st gen guns give the new ones a bad rep. THey are much improved and you can buy two for the price of one ugly glock.

mrbunky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    clark co
    no they are not junk.the trigger is like a revolver trigger.other then that they are very reliable and accurate.i have a sw40ve and love it.i also have a g19 glock and like it better but it cost 200 dollars more.if you like it that is all that matters.remember most negetive comments come from those who have never shot one.my wife has no trouble w/the trigger so you guys must have sissy fingers:):

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I shoot a 40ve and find it very reliable. Did have 1 problem with the firing pin not hitting in the center of the primer but found a burr on the mechanism. Once i removed that I have had no problems. The trigger pull can cause you to drop your shot to your 5 or 7 as is my case. The more I have learned to properly grip the gun the less that has been a problem

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    The S&W Sigma is ACTUALLY a glock clone. If you take a GOOD look at them you will notice that they break down just like a glock does for cleaning. And I have to agree that for the price you can pick up two of them for the price of one glock. The trigger is long, but just like anything else if you practice you can become proficient with it. I have seen the first generation ones and they remind me of hi-points. UGLY black hunks of:poop:

The new ones are much more modern looking. The two I have are the black polymer bottoms with Stainless slides. while not a JEWEL, they are nice to look at.

Greg

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    a sigma was my first handgun, it was the .380. i never had any problems with it always went bang when it was suppose to.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You know, if you could get a good trigger job done on the sigma, it would actually be a good gun.

Top Bottom