• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have had the 9mm Shield and now have the .40 caliber Shield. I have not experienced any of the problems that are described here.

The only problem that I had was the rounds consistently striking about 8 inches from center when I aimed at the center of a target. The rounds would group at 8 o'clock. Kentucky windage did not improve accuracy. I had the same issue for the 9 and 40.

I eventually solved the problem by unscrewing the rear sight screw and tightening it again. I did not move the rear sight at all. I only did this to fix what I perceived to be a psychological issue.

It worked like a charm, I'm now hitting center mass on a target. I never could figure out what my problem was originally. I consistently fired expert in the military with pistols and rifles, so it was perplexing.

I thought I would have to sell it if I was having problems with accuracy.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Good Luck

I picked up a 9mm Shield about two weeks ago. I have put nearly 175 rounds of Speer Gold Dot through it. Feels good in my hand and fires accurately.

Today was the second time out and I fired 75 rounds of Gold Dots. Had two failure to feeds, and two failure to reach battery. The failure to feed had the hollow point hanging on the feed ramp. The failure to reach battery had one from a sling shot loading, possibly my fault as I have a weak left hand, the other was from loading using the slide release.

I'm unsure if it is an ammo related issue or perhaps a magazine problem. The feed ramp does have a sharp edge, but no burrs. Either way I am disappointed in the Shield.

Has anyone else had problems? Does your Shield have a sharp edge to the feed ramp?

On my shield, I have noticed the following problem. Sometimes my bigger magazine, will appear to be fully inserted into the pistol, when it is not.
    The magazine appears to even be flush with the pistol, but has not "snapped" into place. Easy solution is to firmly push the magazine into place, and make sure you feel the latch catch the magazine.
    Other than that and it has happened only a couple of times, my Shield has been flawless with four different types of FMJ ammo. This situation has happened only with the higher capacity magazine.
    MY feed ramp does not appear to have a sharp edge.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Just fired my new Shield, I love it. No malfunctions. The plastic extension on the 7 round mags can move up, it is not secured by anything, just a friction fit. This may cause people to not full insert the mag.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    The wholesale cost on this gun is in the $350 range, people paying $550 are on cocaine. A great firearm, but not worth the markup.

Top Bottom