• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I used to have an M&P 9 full size. I liked it and it was very accurate and fun to shoot. I ended up trading for a G19 due to it being easier to carry. I probably would have traded for a 9c too though, I think the M&P line are great guns. I might still get a 9c some day.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I got one a few months ago. It has become my main carry gun now. Easy to conceal (IWB). I used to carry M9 for 15 or so years but it does not conceal very good in the summer. MP40c is like a small hand held cannon that even for its size is easy to handle and I am extreamly impressed with its acuracy. I will not get rid of this one. I would like to get a full size one someday.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Watch for a magazine dropping problem while firing. Also, watch for the slide to lock back with rounds still in the magazine.

I've owned 2 of the M&P 40 compacts, in an effort to find something that felt better than the Glock 27 and was still a similar size and reliable. Haven't found it yet.

Granted I have only had mine a few months but I have 600 rds thru it and not one problem. Interesting, I am going to have to put it thru some more test and see if I can duplicate the problems you were having. What kind of ammo did you use? Hot or cold weather? Anything else you can think of? I don't need those kind of problems if I am going to carry this all the time.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Watch for a magazine dropping problem while firing. Also, watch for the slide to lock back with rounds still in the magazine.

I've owned 2 of the M&P 40 compacts, in an effort to find something that felt better than the Glock 27 and was still a similar size and reliable. Haven't found it yet.

+1 I had a fullsize and a compact in 9mm and neither could reliably feed - it was disappointing.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    All right now I got a MP40c for sale....I don't know maybe I got the good one. I know saturday I am going to shoot until I get the barrel to glow a little.:D

and then shoot it some more.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have a 40c and love it, and it is my primary carry weapon. I have not had a single issue at all with it yet so I can't say there is anything wrong with it at all.

The mag dropping issue was fixed, if it happens they will send you a new mag catch for free. They had trouble with some not being hardened enough/correctly so they were wearing, it has been repaired. Was not aware of any locking issues ever, but who knows? :dunno: Lifetime warranty and they will pay shipping both ways, though I have never had to use it and I hope it stays that way!

Mine is accurate as can be and a very soft shooter for .40, mine is a keeper so far. I put on the smallest backstrap for carry and it feels so much smaller in hand than a glock, I need to try the medium again next time I go out to test if it makes any difference in my accuracy or not. Shoot yours and tell us what you think.

Top Bottom