• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I used to have an M&P 9 full size. I liked it and it was very accurate and fun to shoot. I ended up trading for a G19 due to it being easier to carry. I probably would have traded for a 9c too though, I think the M&P line are great guns. I might still get a 9c some day.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I got one a few months ago. It has become my main carry gun now. Easy to conceal (IWB). I used to carry M9 for 15 or so years but it does not conceal very good in the summer. MP40c is like a small hand held cannon that even for its size is easy to handle and I am extreamly impressed with its acuracy. I will not get rid of this one. I would like to get a full size one someday.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Watch for a magazine dropping problem while firing. Also, watch for the slide to lock back with rounds still in the magazine.

I've owned 2 of the M&P 40 compacts, in an effort to find something that felt better than the Glock 27 and was still a similar size and reliable. Haven't found it yet.

Granted I have only had mine a few months but I have 600 rds thru it and not one problem. Interesting, I am going to have to put it thru some more test and see if I can duplicate the problems you were having. What kind of ammo did you use? Hot or cold weather? Anything else you can think of? I don't need those kind of problems if I am going to carry this all the time.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Watch for a magazine dropping problem while firing. Also, watch for the slide to lock back with rounds still in the magazine.

I've owned 2 of the M&P 40 compacts, in an effort to find something that felt better than the Glock 27 and was still a similar size and reliable. Haven't found it yet.

+1 I had a fullsize and a compact in 9mm and neither could reliably feed - it was disappointing.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    All right now I got a MP40c for sale....I don't know maybe I got the good one. I know saturday I am going to shoot until I get the barrel to glow a little.:D

and then shoot it some more.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have a 40c and love it, and it is my primary carry weapon. I have not had a single issue at all with it yet so I can't say there is anything wrong with it at all.

The mag dropping issue was fixed, if it happens they will send you a new mag catch for free. They had trouble with some not being hardened enough/correctly so they were wearing, it has been repaired. Was not aware of any locking issues ever, but who knows? :dunno: Lifetime warranty and they will pay shipping both ways, though I have never had to use it and I hope it stays that way!

Mine is accurate as can be and a very soft shooter for .40, mine is a keeper so far. I put on the smallest backstrap for carry and it feels so much smaller in hand than a glock, I need to try the medium again next time I go out to test if it makes any difference in my accuracy or not. Shoot yours and tell us what you think.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom