• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The Carbon 15 seems to be a love/hate thing. I have had several people tell me they suck. When I ask them why they tell me it is a plastic rifle. When I ask if they have any experience with the weapon, the answer is usually no.

I love mine. I travel a lot for business, and I usually travel with a rifle in the back of the car. It is lightweight, and it shoots great. Would I stake my life on it...you bet. I have put well over 1K rounds through mine with no issues. I have torn it down completely twice, and found nothing that even resembles fatigue.

IMO if it feels good to you, buy it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There are several models of S&W M&P's.

I bought a Sport back in May and am very happy with it.

The PSA rifles would be another to look at. Had they been available as complete rifles when I picked up my Sport, it would have made my decision tougher.

I see no reason to go with the carbon rifles when there are so many other low cost options out there.

2008blackwrx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    I can't say much about the Bushy Carbon 15 since I have not personally fired one. I have handled a few, but never fired one. Freaky lightweight is all I can say.

The m&p 15 Sport was my first AR and I have no regrets and I love that rifle. Ready to go out of the box and has everything I need. I do not care about or for the forward assist anyway so that did not bother me one bit. I actually prefer the look without it. Sure the dustcover can come in handy at times, but I can live without it.

I spent a few months researching the AR platform rifles and finally decided on the s&w and have been happy ever since with no regrets. It has been 100% reliable since day one with all ammo and in any condition.

May I ask how you came down to these two specific models?

PSA also offers a very nice complete rifle for an excellent price if you had not seen. It has the FA and dust cover if that is an important feature for you.

In the end I can honestly say I feel the m&p 15 sport is a nice rifle for the money. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

yeh because of price...

2008blackwrx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    what is your budget? I think you may want to look at other aspects.

the carbon is not to customizable, and the feel of an Ar isn't important becuase if it is built to industry standards then there is aftermarket support and you can make it what you want.

the important bits are the insides, FN, COLt, DD, LMT, Bravo company, they do the insides right.

$750

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That is a pretty good price range and you can for sure find a nice rifle for that price. I really like the m&p 15 sport and you would have enough left over for a few more mags and some ammo. There are a couple more choices out there other than just those two though. The PSA complete rifles are a great buy for the money as well.

Top Bottom