• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2008blackwrx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    If you had to choose between either one of these rifles for your first Ar which one would you choose? I will probably put 500-1000 rounds a year through it. Varmint, and paper target shooting is about all I am going to do. I do plan on customizing with accessories. Thanks in advance INGO! Ok, Go!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I can't say much about the Bushy Carbon 15 since I have not personally fired one. I have handled a few, but never fired one. Freaky lightweight is all I can say.

The m&p 15 Sport was my first AR and I have no regrets and I love that rifle. Ready to go out of the box and has everything I need. I do not care about or for the forward assist anyway so that did not bother me one bit. I actually prefer the look without it. Sure the dustcover can come in handy at times, but I can live without it.

I spent a few months researching the AR platform rifles and finally decided on the s&w and have been happy ever since with no regrets. It has been 100% reliable since day one with all ammo and in any condition.

May I ask how you came down to these two specific models?

PSA also offers a very nice complete rifle for an excellent price if you had not seen. It has the FA and dust cover if that is an important feature for you.

In the end I can honestly say I feel the m&p 15 sport is a nice rifle for the money. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Kinda.. the whole carbon thing is the kicker though. Problem for me is both rifles feel great in my hand. Not a fan of the M&P not having a dust cover or forward assist...

Its just my opinion but if I am going to buy a complete rifle its going to be an LMT or a Wilson Combat, both can be had for what some others that are no more than assemblers offer for the same money. Otherwise I am going to do as I did and build my own rifle based on an LMT barrel with 1:7 twist a good quality BCH and lower parts kit and what ever other amenities fit my needs for use. In reality either way in the long run your gonna end up in for about the same amount of money, its just a matter of rather or not you have it all at once or rather you really want a hand in building the rifle...

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    what is your budget? I think you may want to look at other aspects.

the carbon is not to customizable, and the feel of an Ar isn't important becuase if it is built to industry standards then there is aftermarket support and you can make it what you want.

the important bits are the insides, FN, COLt, DD, LMT, Bravo company, they do the insides right.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Had a friend buy a Carbon 15, never shot it and wound up getting a RRA. Personally, I would go with the S&W. The Carbon 15's feel like toys to me.

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    I have an m&p15t, carbon 15 pistol, and I had a carbon 15 rifle. The carbon rifle shot just fine but I do prefer the m&p just because it did feel better made. I think either one is a good choice but I would choose the m&p.

indianachris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    I have a S&W M&P with no forward assist or dust cover and it's a great rifle. I brought it from a guy on here and put something like 1500 round through it since July.

The only problem I had with it was several FTF and FTE from using Tula ammo.

Top Bottom