• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I just saw this on PSA. It's MOE, but is it build on solid parts? Price is crazy low.
    PA-15 MOE QMS Carbine Package - Palmetto State Armory - Rifles - Firearms

The only thing that may or may not be an issue (preference) is that it didn't mention if it's an M16 bolt so it's safe to assume it's just an AR15 bolt.

So the parts have a greater life expectancy, the first thing I would do is swap the buffer for an H2. With this you also get the added benefits of less felt recoil and less feeding issues with sub par ammo.

MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    I have a PSA and love it. It eats every thing I put in it with no issues. I have shot about 1,000 rounds of steel cased .223 through it with out any issues and about the same

amount of brass .223/5.56. I have gone as far as mixing them all together in the same mags to see if there would be any trouble and there was not. It has not let me down.

There is my $0.02

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I have this rifle in FDE, my first AR. Runs like a champ, had a horrible jam with steel case in the early days that required a screwdriver to pry open the bolt, 1,000s of rds since then no issue what so ever. My AK buddy kept giving me crap "itll jam, its junk, get an AK" blah blah blah. Stopped cleaning just to prove him wrong and out of curiosity how long it would run with no oil, it was still going at the 1,500rd mark when i cleaned it, i hate a dirty rifle, also VERY dirty when cleaned.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The only thing that may or may not be an issue (preference) is that it didn't mention if it's an M16 bolt so it's safe to assume it's just an AR15 bolt.

So the parts have a greater life expectancy, the first thing I would do is swap the buffer for an H2. With this you also get the added benefits of less felt recoil and less feeding issues with sub par ammo.

M16 bolt or AR15 bolt?:scratch: There is no difference between the 2. THERE is a difference in an AR15 bolt carrier(SA) vs. a M16 bolt carrier(FA). The M16 bolt carrier is heavier obviously. Switching to a H2 buffer will not increase the reliability with sub-par ammo. A heavier buffer will not function well with lower power ammo. Think about it. With lesser powered ammo, there is less recoil to move a heavier buffer. I run H2 buffers in my 3 carbine-gas systems(2-16",1-14.5") and H buffers in my 2 mid-length systems(1-16",1-14.5").

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I happen to love my m&p15. I've shot an unknown amount of ammo through it. More than 5000. Runs flawless everytime

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    In no way am I saying that the Smith isn't a good rifle. I am sure it is. So is the Colt. And the Colt seems to be the "Gold Standard" for AR-15s in the price range I had set.

Top Bottom