• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Explosior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Madison County
    I've got two M&P 40's, owned them for a couple of yrs. Shot hundreds of rounds through them. The only problem I've ever had is the white dot fell out of the front sight on one of them, which means nothing to me. I instinctive shoot.

WallyJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Enough said :D

Proof? There's 2 threads where a M&P 9 and a Shield blew up. :D

For what it's worth, I was one of those threads. It was my first shield so I had 100% failure rate. I have bought two more so now I only have a 33% failure rate. Things are looking up! :rockwoot:

edit... forgot if we are talking M&P I also bought a FS 9 so I guess I am down to 25% failure rate!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    LOL

The thread was meant to be a joke because of the Glock Sucks thread.

But if you guys REALLY want to talk about it, I had a M&P9c that jammed, was completely unreliable. I ditched it for a Glock 26 that hasn't failed yet, and has been ran hard.

There's a thread about it as well.

I don't doubt M&P's are good guns, but MY experience with them hasn't been good.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    LOL

But if you guys REALLY want to talk about it, I had a M&P9c that jammed, was completely unreliable. I ditched it for a Glock 26 that hasn't failed yet, and has been ran hard.

I don't doubt M&P's are good guns, but MY experience with them hasn't been good.

Yeah, thanks for the m&pc. :) I replaced the ejector and it has been flawless ever since.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I must agree. I bought an M&P40 last year and it was terrible out of the box the trigger was junk, had to spend $85 on a apex kit the dot on the front sight fell off twice and I broke a slide stop assembly but it was kinda my fault on that one. Haha.

Last edited:

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    So far this week I have seen M&P sucks, Glock sucks, Taurus sucks. They all probably have thier issues but I know lots of folks who love them all.:dunno:

Last edited:

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    "S&W M&P Sucks"

You are inditing a whole lot of handguns.
    I sometimes carry a 5" S&W M&P. It has
    proved very reliable.You are ignoring more
    than a century of production with your, I think,
    unfounded, thread title.

Thanks

Mark

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    LOL

I just saw this thread...and read all the way thru like a good little poster. LOL! For a minute there I thought you were serious and was gonna EDUCATE. :D

I have several M&P's of various calibers and yes one is a 9c, but that was before the tragic boating accident of course. I've had a few failures to feed but that was from my actions not the firearms (not cleaned properly prior to range time or poor choice of store bought ammo).

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I must concur, I thought this thread was gonna convince me that the M&P sucked. It did not work.
    p015.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have owned one glock that broke a piece out of the frame, and seen two others. I have also seen one bulge a barrel, one break a slide, and another shear off a barrel lug. Does that mean glocks suck? I have seen a S&W K frame bulge a barrel and a model 29 with the cylinder blown in pieces. I have seen an AR come apart on the firing line and embed slivers of aluminum in people. I have seen a 92fs break a locking block. I have seen a $12,000 Krieghoff shotgun split a barrel. Heck I even threw a connecting rod through the oil pan on a 396 Chevy. Mechanical things can and do break sometimes.

BTW, I do not own an M&P pistol, so it is not like I have a horse in the race.

Admit it...you were beating on the chevy pretty hard...Yes.....:D

Man made....it will break.

I have 1 M&P and it is an AR.
    I have 1 S&W 1911PD

Both are great pieces.

Top Bottom