• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Shot my 40 Shield and will say it is a bit snappy recoilwise but not bad enough for me to sell it off. I like it and was able to shoot it pretty well for a first time with a new pistol. Been carrying it since and find it a great BUG as well as a primary when I'm just running to the store.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Shot my 40 Shield and will say it is a bit snappy recoilwise but not bad enough for me to sell it off. I like it and was able to shoot it pretty well for a first time with a new pistol. Been carrying it since and find it a great BUG as well as a primary when I'm just running to the store.

I like your signature line.:)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Umbrage: take offense, take exception, be aggrieved, be affronted, be annoyed, be angry, be indignant, be put out, be insulted, be hurt, be piqued, be resentful, be disgruntled, go into a huff, be miffed, have one's nose put out of joint,

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County

Umbrage: take offense, take exception, be aggrieved, be affronted, be annoyed, be angry, be indignant, be put out, be insulted, be hurt, be piqued, be resentful, be disgruntled, go into a huff, be miffed, have one's nose put out of joint,
    Well, it seemed appropriate here for some reason. :)
    =====================================
    I was also able to score another of the 7 round magazines for my Shield. Came today so now I feel even better about carrying it as my primary. The 6 round magazine is fine in a pinch but the gun fails to fit my hand comfortably without the extra pinky rest you get with the 7 round mag.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, it seemed appropriate here for some reason. :)
    =====================================
    I was also able to score another of the 7 round magazines for my Shield. Came today so now I feel even better about carrying it as my primary. The 6 round magazine is fine in a pinch but the gun fails to fit my hand comfortably without the extra pinky rest you get with the 7 round mag.

Cool. I plan on shooting a 9mm version tomorrow to see how I like it. If I do, I will be on the hunt for one. I am trying not to add any more calibers so if I can stick with 9mm I will.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I've got a nice Walther PPS in .40 I've been thinking about listing in the classifieds. Get a few more quality posts and pm me. Maybe by then I'll be ready to part with it. :D

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Cool. I plan on shooting a 9mm version tomorrow to see how I like it. If I do, I will be on the hunt for one. I am trying not to add any more calibers so if I can stick with 9mm I will.
    Well, for a bit less money don't forget the Ruger LC9. I have one of those myself and find it a very nice, small 9mm pistol. At least here it was $75 cheaper to boot. One less round in the magazine as it comes but I can reload pretty quickly if needed.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    I have a Shield in .40 as my EDC. the recoil is a bit much, but it is still a straight shooter. I think if I had to do it over, I would have gotten the 9mm, but all in all I'm happy with it I have no problem depending on it to defend my life, and the lives of my family and loved ones.

Top Bottom