• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I had a chance to use one of these over the weekend for a little bit and needless to say, I am not impressed with its reliability. We had 6 misfires in the first box. The laser sight was easy to activate for a lefty, but the right hand switch was impossible to activate without two hands. :noway:

Second strike is nice on this gun, but to rely on it would be suicide. I'm pretty sure this gun is going back this week.

I was actually considering getting one, but after this one I'll be taking another look at Rugers LCP.

Anybody else have any issues with the Bodygaurd? I've know I've seen at least 2 other bad reviews for it.

Last edited:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Were you limp wristing the gun ??? that would cause the jams, I believe you should buy a 9MM instead of a 380,

Sorry, I was under the impression that FTF was Failed to Fire. No feeding issues, just a lot of click.. click.. click.. boom. My girlfriend owns an LC9 that I'm "borrowing" until she gets her LTCH, but looking for something even more pocket friendly for work.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Not sure if you're going to be looking for another .380, but I have a Bersa .380 Thunder Plus and LOVE it. Never had a problem. Has a full grip, 15rd mag, but is still quite small and easy to conceal. Plus you can't go wrong with the price on them!

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I can't comment on the BG380... yet. I have a friend bringing one over in a few weeks, brand new.

I can however, comment on the Kel-Tec P3AT, which is a great little pocket carry piece in .380. I take mine everywhere. It has never failed me, even when shot dry and full of pocket lint.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a chance to use one of these over the weekend for a little bit and needless to say, I am not impressed with its reliability. We had 6 misfires in the first box. The laser sight was easy to activate for a lefty, but the right hand switch was impossible to activate without two hands. :noway:

Second strike is nice on this gun, but to rely on it would be suicide. I'm pretty sure this gun is going back this week.

I was actually considering getting one, but after this one I'll be taking another look at Rugers LCP.

Anybody else have any issues with the Bodygaurd? I've know I've seen at least 2 other bad reviews for it.

How was the kick when it did fire? I have heard from a few that it is hard on hands.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    How was the kick when it did fire? I have heard from a few that it is hard on hands.

Kicks about the same as an LCP.

I got to fire one last week and I thought the trigger pull was awful. Even compared to my LCP, it feels like it's at least a 2-3 pounds heavier trigger pull.

I had considered getting one myself until I shot one. Now, no thanks...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Kicks about the same as an LCP.

I got to fire one last week and I thought the trigger pull was awful. Even compared to my LCP, it feels like it's at least a 2-3 pounds heavier trigger pull.

I had considered getting one myself until I shot one. Now, no thanks...

Ahhh....good to know. Been wanting to shoot a little S&W 637 they have in at the range......would make a sweet little easy to conceal carry gun.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    sorry to bring up a dead thread. i just purchased one of these bodygaurd pistols over the weekend and have put about 200 rounds through it. got it home, took it apart and cleaned it. then went to a friends house and threw about 100 rounds at a tree. trigger pull is a bit much, but about what i expected for a double action pocket gun. recoil is about what i expected as well. two days later (had not cleaned since the first 100 rounds) i went to the range and after about 100 more rounds i did get a fail to feed. i racked the slide, round came out and fed, fired again, and another fail to feed. i tried to rack the slide again, it did not want to move so i pulled the mag, kept it pointed down range and pulled a little harder, it went and round came out, did not go all the way back forward. i verified there was no more rounds in the gun and looked it over. there was a chunk of plastic sticking out of the front of the gun. i pulled the slide back and locked it back. field stripped it and found the plastic cover over the laser electronics in the bottom of the front of the frame had popped up and was getting in the way which had been causing fail to feed condition. i put it back where it went and shot another mag through it with no issues. i will probably add a drop of super glue on each corner of the cover to keep it in place (only a drop so i can take off if need be). the only other issue i have with the pistol is that the laser is not dead on from the factory and will need to be adjusted. next time i am at the range i will be taking tools and making it right.

verniebernie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Bradenton Florida
    I have one and so does the wife. Have shoot over 300 rounds and no problem. I have read that there we some shipped that the lazer was hard to turn on and they posted a fix for that. The trigger pull is designed to be like that with the longer pull and poundage. I love mine.

Top Bottom