• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    So just have a gunsmith do a trigger job on your Sigma.
    Bud's Gun Shop.com has Sigma 9mm's for $309 out the door.
    Clean and lube any new gun you get before shooting it.

Quite a few Sigma's have been sold.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    S&W Sigma 9mm...the ONLY gun I ever sold, because I just didn't like it and could no longer tolerate shooting it. S&W did provide great factory service. I really liked the way the gun felt in the hand. Stock trigger pull was awful. Extra magazines were expensive. The gun would consistently shoot groups strung 2 FEET vertically at 25 yards, and FTFeed with any hollowpoint ammo that did not have a FMJ profile bullet. I replaced it with a G19, which is a GREAT fun gun to shoot.

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    If you don't want to do a trigger job on the Sigma then look good at a Ruger SR9 which has a decent trigger.

:welcome:

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I had a Sigma .40 and I liked it. It felt so much better in the hand than a glock but lets face the facts, its a glock clone. I think its considered a throw away gun. Good to carry for protection but you won't be winning any shooting competitions with it. Use it for what it was designed for, CC.

You won't be disapointed with the Sigma. I shot well with it at 50 ft. Yes, the trigger isnt' great. That was my only complaint with the gun.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I had a 40 version a few years ago. I liked the way it felt in my hand and it was accurate and reliable but the trigger was horrible. I've read about several mods that can be done to fix this deficiency which I suspect would make it much better choice.

APB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    I had a Sigma 9mm and it was the first gun I sold. It was not very accurate and it jammed when feeding rounds quite a few times. I traded when I bought my XD9.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I have a SW40C, and have been impressed that it eats anything I run through it. The trigger takes some getting used to. I put a Hogue slip on grip on it and love the way it feels in my hand. I've ran several hundred rounds through it and have had no break downs.

dean2182

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a SW40GVE love the way it feels & points. Changed the springs 7 have run couple of hundred down the barrel with no problem. Plan on putting a light on it & using it as my bedside gun. At $300.00 for a S & W
    no regrets.
    dean2182

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I've got a ton of handguns, up to and including Glocks, SIGs, Hi-Powers and high end 1911's. You wanna know what is on the headboard of the bed every night? A SW40VE Sigma with a tactical light on the rail! If I wake up half asleep at a bump in the night, I WANT a heavy trigger till I get my bearings. It feels better than my Glocks in my hand, it holds 15 rounds of .40 and even with that "horrible" trigger, it will still put them all on a 8" paper plate at 25 yards. Go for it!

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    I just got an SW40VE .40 cal. The trigger definitely takes some getting used to (long pull), but the free trigger mod (spring removal) feels a lot better.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I had 1. It was a good gun with no issues but the trigger was awful. Spend a little extra for the m&p, you won't be sorry.

Top Bottom