• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I have never seen one of these at a gun shop, but I would love to have one tweaked by the performance center at S&W.

Anyone have one that can give me the skinny on it?

Johnny C

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Don't own one but have shot one. Yes I want one they are that smooth. 627's are hit and miss at most gunshops since everyone is into black rifles or tacticool handguns and revolvers have lost some appeal.

They can fire with or withour the fullmoon clips and S&W offers 2 versions. The 5" is from their PC center and is around 1,000 or a little more. They also offer the 4" through what they call the Pro Center. The Pro Cenetr is a somewhat normal factory listing with sort of PC features and it's a little less at around 700.00.

You might have to call around to find one and get it deliverd to a LGS but you won't go wrong with it. Very nice revolvers. I have had a 625 for 15 years and love the moon clips but there is a slight learning curve going from speenloader typ traditional revolvers. The Moon clips are so easy it's difficult at first.
    Good luck

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I have owned 3 different 627's, one 6 shot when they first came out and two 8 shot PC guns 1 in .357 and 1 38 super(still have 38 super). Very nice guns and next to my 625's one of my favorite revolvers. I do shoot them in competition and do action work on them also.
    The PC guns sometimes have different barrel profiles than the Non-PC guns and different grips, some PC guns have a removable comp. As far as the action work on a PC gun, I have done trigger jobs on quite a few PC guns and from the factory I have NEVER seen any signs of polishing and smoothing of the important things in the action. Some PC guns get forged hammers and triggers instead of MIM parts but that is even changing as they are running out of the forged parts. Sometimes they have different springs to lighten the trigger pull.
    IMHO get which ever gun you like the looks of the best. If you like the looks of the PC gun and you think its worth the extra money go for it, it will be worth more when and if you ever sell it.
    Get the standard 627 and get a action job on it and it will be as good a shooter as a PC gun that you will want to get a action job on also.
    Lot's of revolver smiths around to get you fixed up. I do mostly competition work but can do carry action jobs if you want.
    I can even put the spring kits in that so many guys call a trigger job:rolleyes:.
    There are several competitions around the state every weekend that revolvers can compete in USPSA, IDPA, ICORE, and steel matches. (ICORE and steel matches were made for the 8 shot guns).
    Good luck in your search for a 627 they are out there if you look hard enough.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom