• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Call them and talk to the repair dept.. They used to replace cyls. on 624's that were determined bad. They ran out of cyls. years ago. I've had 3 624's in the past. None were on the list. Unlike the 586-686 recall where they stamped an "M" in the crane of the repaired guns they just put a large red circle with a "C" in on the end of the 624 box if it was tested or repaired.
    I ain't trying to pee in your oatmeal. I'm just want you to get your gun back

Last edited:

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    no reply from my email yesterday except assign to a representative. My hours really don't allow talking to a real person but I appreciate the idea. Sorry for sounding anti S&W but I'm frustrated.

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    We are experiencing delays in the repair area. I would suspect it will be at least two more weeks.
    It most cases it would unreasonable, but after shut down we can get up to 8 weeks for a short time.
    If further assistance is required please reply accordingly.
    That was my reply from S&W. I told them that was unacceptable. So I would just like to let every know on the forum that they may have some issues with S&W service. Just hope nobody has to deal with this!

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    This quote from another site this week.

"Unfortunately, its like a "perfect storm" for S&W. As mentioned, the whole company just got back from a two week vacation. While they were out a new computer system was installed, slowing them down that much more. Add to that the normal high demand for their products. Add to that the gun buying panic that is now starting to slow (a little!). Add to that the Massive Shield recall going on. It bites to have to wait almost a year for your repair, it really does. I wouldn't be happy myself. I really believe S&W is running as hard as they can. " __________________

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    Well, it's now been over 9 weeks. When they emailed me and said they were estimating a charge for repair, I pretty much went off on them.
    I told them I would seek legal counsel if they did not return the gun. They emailed me this past Wednesday and said they would send it back. I am assuming without even being checked. When I asked for a return date, there was no reply.
    If I cannot count on good customer service, I will not purchase their product. Had I known this, I would not have bought my 638. Sure hope nothing goes wrong with it!
    I have never had any issues with my Ruger but my next purchase is definately going that direction.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I still think they make a excellent weapon. When you add the shut down in with all the rest of the business they do I am sure a few guns fall threw the customer service cracks. Sad but true.

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    Finally got it back yesterday. No info in the box except for address, ser.# and case #. Emailed and asked if the gun had even been looked at and Rob stated it had been inspected, tested and passed. Glad to have it back after 11 weeks and five days but will always remember the bad experience. I own two S&W revolvers but after this , I will think twice about buying another of their products.
    Thanks too everyone for their input. Every company experiences problems and I hope they get their problems solved.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Finally got it back yesterday. No info in the box except for address, ser.# and case #. Emailed and asked if the gun had even been looked at and Rob stated it had been inspected, tested and passed. Glad to have it back after 11 weeks and five days but will always remember the bad experience. I own two S&W revolvers but after this , I will think twice about buying another of their products.
    Thanks too everyone for their input. Every company experiences problems and I hope they get their problems solved.

Glad to hear, I saw on the Smith forum that some guns were not sent back when sent in. Be happy you got it back.

Model 624 Recall and "F" stamp

Top Bottom