• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99zhuggerz99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Not to take away from the general idea of this thread...but just curious. Had the opportunity to check out a 4506 today. seems early as is not a -1, no black hammer/trigger. it has zero holster wear that I can find. The guy knew I had a 5906 so pretty sure he is tempting me....by way of asking what its worth.

he never offered to sell, but if i could sneak it into conversations; whats the going rate? has original box as well!!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    ACME from Seymour at the 1500 had a pretty nice 639 for 425.00 if anybody needs one, saw a pretty nice older 39 as well for 399.00 but I can't remember where that was (not the dealer with all the junky guns, they had some but not as nice and for more $$)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Boy kinda quiet on the 3rd gen front. Ended up buying a trigger return spring and 2 rivets to replace the broken one on my 4506. Will probably have someone better trained than me do this one.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Boy kinda quiet on the 3rd gen front. Ended up buying a trigger return spring and 2 rivets to replace the broken one on my 4506. Will probably have someone better trained than me do this one.

Havn't had a chance to shoot the new-to-me 5906 yet, but I always check out this thread. One question; do the single stack varieties have a narrower grip? I don't have little hands, but I do seem to prefer a narrower grip. Bought a Ruger 1911 advertised as a Commander model, but received an Officers model (single stack). I could have returned it, but it feels perfect to my hand. Havn't shot it yet either. I need to get busy.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Havn't had a chance to shoot the new-to-me 5906 yet, but I always check out this thread. One question; do the single stack varieties have a narrower grip? I don't have little hands, but I do seem to prefer a narrower grip. Bought a Ruger 1911 advertised as a Commander model, but received an Officers model (single stack). I could have returned it, but it feels perfect to my hand. Havn't shot it yet either. I need to get busy.

I had a Ruger 1911 Officers 9mm model. Loved it!
    The first time I shot it was a perfect bulls-eye, then, of course, I proceeded to shoot all around it. :dunno:
    Not only was it accurate, it fit the hand well.
    If it would have been a higher capacity gun, I would have kept it, but I had a Sig Sauer 365 at the time with 12 rounds, so I decided I didn't need it.
    It could be one I wish I'd kept. It took me months to find a used Ruger 1911 Officers model for only $600 from a member here.

aWyGUb7.jpg
    9dU6UJI.jpg
    Q5YSSAu.jpg
    62c8vk7.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I have been thinking of getting some wood grips for my 5906, but I remember when I researched it awhile back (I'd have to go and look at my previous posts), that I wasn't sure which direction to go.

jDmFRE5.jpg
    zbsOWdx.jpg
    cDgdk9w.jpg
    MtO7jSW.jpg

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

The single stacks are narrower. If you want I can bring the 457 I've been trying to sell for you to see how it feels tomorrow. I won't be staying after since my cousin has to go to work at 430 and she would like a nap.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Im watching both of those.....i might wait till the last hr and try a bid. Will probably figure the 3%, ship and transfer to come up with a bid that makes a nice round number.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Im watching both of those.....i might wait till the last hr and try a bid. Will probably figure the 3%, ship and transfer to come up with a bid that makes a nice round number.
    The seller is moving them but rather slowly. The only difference I can see is condition and either one would work for me.

Top Bottom