• Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That's all I need to know: thanks! :thumbsup:
    I don't care about any "nominal" changes: I want it "gone." :laugh:
    My only trigger job was with my beloved CZ Shadow 2, and it was already near-perfect for my level, but I had to go for it just once.
    I love the flat trigger I put in it, but it didn't improve my accuracy any that I can tell. (but it's only been a few rounds) :dunno:

Itll get better as its round count goes up.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That's all I need to know: thanks! :thumbsup:
    I don't care about any "nominal" changes: I want it "gone." :laugh:
    My only trigger job was with my beloved CZ Shadow 2, and it was already near-perfect for my level, but I had to go for it just once.
    I love the flat trigger I put in it, but it didn't improve my accuracy any that I can tell. (but it's only been a few rounds) :dunno:

You could watch the youtube videos for complete disassembly and you can polish certain areas which drag when pulling the trigger. You can polish the outsides of the trigger bar the grooves it rises in, the inside of the trigger bar as it sometimes drags on the mag, you can polish the bottom of the slide, inside the slide rails , on the frame you can polish the top of the frame on a flat surface and again inside the the rails where the slide goes. You can polish the sides of the trigger where it rides inside the frame.

I did it to my 4506-1. I started with 150 grit and moved to 600 , then 1000 grit wet with clp. I then used mothers mag polish to finish it off. I'm not a comp shooter but did notice a difference in pull and I think I was able to shave 1-2 lbs off the pull. I would need a new trigger spring as it has the 3rd gen click but doesn't affect function.

Also funny how this was my 5946th post.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    As far as sights there are adjustable out there. Most on Ebay are just rears without corresponding fronts, but they still do have sets just gotta look. Then find someone who will swap them for you without mucking the finish.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You could watch the youtube videos for complete disassembly and you can polish certain areas which drag when pulling the trigger. You can polish the outsides of the trigger bar the grooves it rises in, the inside of the trigger bar as it sometimes drags on the mag, you can polish the bottom of the slide, inside the slide rails , on the frame you can polish the top of the frame on a flat surface and again inside the the rails where the slide goes. You can polish the sides of the trigger where it rides inside the frame.

I did it to my 4506-1. I started with 150 grit and moved to 600 , then 1000 grit wet with clp. I then used mothers mag polish to finish it off. I'm not a comp shooter but did notice a difference in pull and I think I was able to shave 1-2 lbs off the pull. I would need a new trigger spring as it has the 3rd gen click but doesn't affect function.

I would be glad to pay a reasonable price to have that done: too bad the Wizard doesn't live closer!
    He goes the extra mile with everything he does.
    I wouldn't want a gunsmith doing it at a shop, I'm sure he would not be as thorough with your 7 steps and 3 stages of grit: awesome, and therefore the results would be abbreviated.
    Maybe someone reading this will pm me.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I would be glad to pay a reasonable price to have that done: too bad the Wizard doesn't live closer!
    I wouldn't want a gunsmith doing it at a shop, I'm sure he would not be as thorough with your 7 steps and 3 stages of grit: awesome, and therefore the results would be abbreviated.

I'll PM you, but Idk what good that would do..:dunno:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Stainless steel, dao, standard frame, double stack 9mm, gen 3.

How'd I do?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

You get more joy doing the work yourself. The only tricky part is putting it back together especially the side plate. I think I did mine over 2 or 3 weekends. There was no rush. The alloy frames I wouldn't mess with as you'll remove the anodizing and probably take too much off.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    You get more joy doing the work yourself. The only tricky part is putting it back together especially the side plate. I think I did mine over 2 or 3 weekends. There was no rush. The alloy frames I wouldn't mess with as you'll remove the anodizing and probably take too much off.

The side plate pins take four hands. I always get it back together except ONE lever. Eventually it just falls together.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The side plate pins take four hands. I always get it back together except ONE lever. Eventually it just falls together.

I've had good luck with 2 punches slightly smaller than the holes. Once the punches are flush with the frame it's like a 1 sec full push with the side plate through the frame. Usually works on the first try.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Sounds like a good start. Lol

No pics??

The wife just told me 2 mins ago, she wants me to buy a $350k townhouse in crook county.... I don't think theres going to be a start to anything until I figure this out. Piano wire and a stool was offered as a solution, on ingo, last time I brought it up..

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The wife just told me 2 mins ago, she wants me to buy a $350k townhouse in crook county.... I don't think theres going to be a start to anything until I figure this out. Piano wire and a stool was offered as a solution, on ingo, last time I brought it up..

Does she hate freedom? 350k can pretty much buy every 3rd gen variant ever made.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Figure out how much house you can afford. Spend half that amount. As long as the neighborhood is safe, it’s just a house.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    On a related note. Talked to my wife last night and she had no quibbles with me buying a Marlin 98 22lr semi auto if one pops up on GB. Told her it was made for 2 yrs and is c&r qualified. Got a limit of 200 but hey one blatant purchase is better than none.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    On a related note. Talked to my wife last night and she had no quibbles with me buying a Marlin 98 22lr semi auto if one pops up on GB. Told her it was made for 2 yrs and is c&r qualified. Got a limit of 200 but hey one blatant purchase is better than none.

Just found one for $450 in Illinois. Curious as to why you want this as opposed to another model? They do look nice though. Can't argue with wood and steel

Top Bottom