• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    $800 - sure for a stock one but, seriously, can it compare to the over the top bling of this one...(insert sarcasm here before clicking on link).

S&W 1006 bright mirror polished /gold controls : Pistols

Destroyed the value of that 1006. I had to fight the urge to chew him out for ruining a 3rd gen because he thinks he will get 2100 for it. I'm also fighting the urge to hit place order on a pre order Ruger EC9s for $228 from Whittaker Guns.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Destroyed the value of that 1006. I had to fight the urge to chew him out for ruining a 3rd gen because he thinks he will get 2100 for it. I'm also fighting the urge to hit place order on a pre order Ruger EC9s for $228 from Whittaker Guns.

At least its a 1006 and not one of the real rare bird 10mm. One of my local gun shops has a M945 still sitting on the shelf. Every time I walk in, it gets more and more tempting to pick up.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    At least its a 1006 and not one of the real rare bird 10mm. One of my local gun shops has a M945 still sitting on the shelf. Every time I walk in, it gets more and more tempting to pick up.

The mirror finish can be brought back to near stock with bead blasting, and you could find new old stock or excellent condition controls but the time and effort to return it to original is not worth the price. I would low ball him with 500 just to play with him.

I've done some polishing on my 4506-1 but only to the rails and other areas where machining marks were visible in order to slick it up and possibly reduce trigger pull.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Didn't even know those were coming out. Had to Google it. That's a hard price to beat. Below Shield prices. Just buy it.

I did. I also emailed Ruger to see if a LC9S slide will swap in case I were to find one dirt cheap and needed to change out sights. I do hope Ruger hits a home run on this one as I see most sites are now sold out..............So if I can do it you can too get that 3906......But back to our love of everything 1,2,3rd gen S&W.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    A SW 1911 before SW made a 1911. If the price is right; you should jump on it!

Somehow you got the wrong guy. kscessnadriver was the right guy on the quote...... that's ok I had several posts on here which would still multi quote even after I had logged off and back on. I had to go back and uncheck the posts.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yep. I'll see how it goes. We have family event during the final moments of bidding so that might affect my last minute ability to bid and I bought a 3" SW1911 yesterday so I'm not going all in for the 3906. Looks decent enough. Heck, some guy is already wanting to trade me an adjustable sight 3906 for it. lol!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yep. I'll see how it goes. We have family event during the final moments of bidding so that might affect my last minute ability to bid and I bought a 3" SW1911 yesterday so I'm not going all in for the 3906. Looks decent enough. Heck, some guy is already wanting to trade me an adjustable sight 3906 for it. lol!

Well best of luck I've had it in my watch list and seen the bid this morning. If you were interested I would have to inspect in person before we do anything. It appears to be in the same condition as mine though I think I put on a straight back grip and would more than likely swap over. If I were to bid if I had the money I would put a max of 525 and let it ride.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Sadly, I lost the auction. Had a bid in at $500. Someone ran it to to $505 and I was not able to check my phone until about ten minutes after the end.

Sadly, I also missed the 5906 in the classifieds...

Sadly, It is too damn cold to go to the range...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Sadly, I lost the auction. Had a bid in at $500. Someone ran it to to $505 and I was not able to check my phone until about ten minutes after the end.

Sadly, I also missed the 5906 in the classifieds...

Sadly, It is too damn cold to go to the range...

That sux I saw the 3906 go. Usally something of a 3rd gen I would like off GB I just put what my max is and let it go from there. There will be more chances next year.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'd say 359.00 is a decent price when everyone's posting about 500-1000.00 third gens.

I wouldn't say decent,.....I'd say excellent. If I remember my 3rd gens correctly the 5943 was only made for one year and the SSV version was a minor part of that. I've been looking for one for several years(not anymore tho,.....I snagged this one! Thanks!). The SSV's don't usually bring as much as I think they should but still every one I've had a chance at was well above $500 and usually gone by the time I tracked it down. The best deal I "could" have had was a nice 5943 SSV on GB(actually listed by Blythe's/Griffith)about a year ago, but I couldn't comfortably come up with the $650 they wanted at the time. This one will total $430 after the $50 shipping they charged me and my local dealer's NICS fee. Not bad at all.

Funny story: Long before learning of the SSV I was sitting around with a 5946 and a spare 3953 slide assembly. Don't really know what made me try it but I slid the 3953 slide onto the 5946 frame and "invented" the SSV all by myself. That's still my favorite 3rd gen version(even tho S&W never made one that way). Something about the short slide on the full size stainless frame appeals to me I suppose much like I always preferred the Combat Commander over the more common alloy version of the .45.

Top Bottom