• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    I have a chance to buy a S&W 22a but I don't know much about them, are they a reliable gun, it has the bull barrel and target grips on it with a 5.5 inch barrel. IT looks brand new, any comments would be helpful.

MML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    I bought one on clearance a while back 500 down the pipe of various 22 ammo and no issues. If it has the wood grips they are a little bulky but managable I also topped mine with a red dot scope adding to the plinking fun. Overall cool little that just works as designed.

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    I've had one for about 12 years now. I've never had any major trouble with it and shot several thousand rounds of various bulk ammo through it. I did have some FTFs early on, but haven't had any problems for a long time.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I have a chance to buy a S&W 22a but I don't know much about them, are they a reliable gun, it has the bull barrel and target grips on it with a 5.5 inch barrel. IT looks brand new, any comments would be helpful.

I have that exact pistol with a red dot sight on it. Many happy rounds down range with no problems. It eats CCI ammo like candy. Hard to beat for the money. Go for it, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    A 22A was my first pistol. I think it is a keeper. Likes CCI Mini Mags, but that species of ammo has gone extinct.

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    And by the way, Smith and Wesson sent me - at no charge - a couple recoil springs and half-dozen of the plastic buffer thingies. I am impressed with Smith and Wesson customer service.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I have owned a 22S (steel vs aluminum) for 8 or so years now. Very accurate, easy to field strip, and not picky about ammo. Go for it.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    My sons shoots very well and will eat anything we have tried. But overall I like my GSG better. But I can't say it is any better except that it came with a threaded barrel from the factory and it just looks soo cool. Still I don't think you could go wrong buying a 22A. And the A does come with a second mag.

Top Bottom