• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’m not an expert but I assume it has to to with the recoil system.

The barrel remains locked until the bullet passes a port that starts the slide moving backwards to load the next round.

At that point, I think there would be a chance of the bullet striking the baffles on a suppressor, that’s the same reason that keltec says no suppressors on the pmr30.

Center fire pistols have either a fixed barrel (blowback like walther ppk or hk p7)or a tilting barrel (1911, sig, most hk’s), so suppressed pistols need a booster for tilting barrels, and blow backs are direct thread and don’t need a booster.

Keltec pmr30 and the smith and Wesson have a “hybrid system” fixed to a point then
    Tilting to finish the cycle, threaded barrels tend to get suppressors attached to them, so the barrel not being threaded would be smiths way of discouraging people from trying to suppress them

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    22mag semi auto rifles are problematic…so much so not many companies still make rifles. Not so sure about the handguns why they seem to work better just not better enough to be a decent suppressor option

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I’m not an expert but I assume it has to to with the recoil system.

The barrel remains locked until the bullet passes a port that starts the slide moving backwards to load the next round.

At that point, I think there would be a chance of the bullet striking the baffles on a suppressor, that’s the same reason that keltec says no suppressors on the pmr30.

Center fire pistols have either a fixed barrel (blowback like walther ppk or hk p7)or a tilting barrel (1911, sig, most hk’s), so suppressed pistols need a booster for tilting barrels, and blow backs are direct thread and don’t need a booster.

Keltec pmr30 and the smith and Wesson have a “hybrid system” fixed to a point then
    Tilting to finish the cycle, threaded barrels tend to get suppressors attached to them, so the barrel not being threaded would be smiths way of discouraging people from trying to suppress them
    I doubt that it has anything to do with the recoil system since the S&W 5.7 has the exact same system and comes threaded for a suppressor. Nor would a system that stays locked until after the bullet leaves the muzzle be likely to cause baffle strikes.

Top Bottom