Rust Problem with New Remington Firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I got a Mossberg Maverick that doesn't have a rusting problem. Remington must really be going downhill. Well Remington has been going all downhill since they introduced the 597 that could not feed a full mag without jamming.

The 597 I had functioned 100%. It would feed every kind of ammo I fed it, From sub-sonics to hyper velocity. The generation 1 and 2 mags had a lot of problems. I switched to the 3rd generation and problem solved.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I've noticed the overall quality of EVERYTHING Remingcrap has diminished significantly and gradually over the last 20 years. I will NEVER give them another dime of my money after my last experience with their ammo......It's much easier to just buy Mossberg, Winchester, etc.....from the start.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I have to disagree. Maybe there quality has went downhill but saying you would rather buy a mossberg WOW thats harsh a Mossberg is pretty cheaply made in my opinion.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    yea i was gonna say my brother in law has an 870 that has jammed almost every shell we've shot. i wouldnt be that harsh on mossberg

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I have an issued 870 that stays in the trunk of my car most of the time. It's in there with (usually) three other long guns and is the only one that rusts. I have to completely oil it almost weekly to keep it from competely rusting. Nothing else that I keep in my trunk that is metal has that problem.

My Remington 700 SPS is the same way. I have to take it out and wipe it down regularly because the entire receievr and barrel will start to lightly rust after only a few days. None of the other firearms or knives that are sitting next to it have that problem.

Because both of those are Black Oxide finished. Do your self a favor and get them parkerized..

feriil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    With most firearms manufacturers cheapening their finishes these days its more important than ever to use a rust preventative.

Eezox is best, hard to find but once applied you can dunk the gun in salt water and it won't rust. Neutralizes fingerprints and only needs to be applied a couple times a year unless your constantly using the gun.

No retail sales in Indiana but username CoyoteCreekGuns, a member here has some he will sell you.

Apply that and let us know if you can find any rust.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom