Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This whole thing seems a lot like the Crimea annexation. I don't see anything stopping Putin from absorbing some territory. Sanctions are temporary and Putin/Russia seem to accept the tradeoff. If Putin/Russia do this every decade or so, they will eventually have all of Ukraine.

Hopefully civilian airliners stay clear this time.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This whole thing seems a lot like the Crimea annexation. I don't see anything stopping Putin from absorbing some territory. Sanctions are temporary and Putin/Russia seem to accept the tradeoff. If Putin/Russia do this every decade or so, they will eventually have all of Ukraine.

Hopefully civilian airliners stay clear this time.
    The open question to me seems to be how hard the Ukrainian government is willing to fight to keep these predominantly Russia friendly regions from breaking off. It's Crimea 2 if they just stack at the new border and stand down. But does the government think that showing weakness means the entire country will get gobbled up in the next push? What's the fallback, since their dirt on the Bidens hasn't turned into American troops in Ukraine?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Big deal.....3% are with these people. Its not the entire population. We got the same thing going on here in this country, only we have 50% of liberals. It's like saying ANTIFA represent the people of the US.

Here in the States we have around 3%-4% of the population that is homosexual or some other form of alphabet soup, but the noise around them leads many to think it is much higher.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's hilarious watching twitter on this.

All these lefties saying Trump caused this and aided putin.

The funny thing is, last time biden was in office, Chrimea was annexed. Trump got in office and nothing happened. Biden gets back in office and another 2 chunks of Ukraine end up annexed.

It's almost like there's a pattern.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well Ukraine does still consider Crimean theirs ever since Russia moved in in 2014. There was a recent cease fire, but it sounds like that is over.

It'll give Biden another reason to shift the focus from China to Russia
    This is comical honestly,sad but comical. Do you happen to remember Victoria Nuland?
    Did you know Crimea has been and was part of Russia since before the Soviet Union existed?
    Russia did not move in,it has been there a very long time. But...propaganda is not really a history lesson,and I understand why you think this.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This is comical honestly,sad but comical. Do you happen to remember Victoria Nuland?
    Did you know Crimea has been and was part of Russia since before the Soviet Union existed?
    Russia did not move in,it has been there a very long time. But...propaganda is not really a history lesson,and I understand why you think this.
    Nuland from Political Affairs?

You're correct, moved in was a poor choice of words. My main point was it's not a new situation and Bidet will use it for everything he can.

Russia, Russia, Russia.

Soviet Union still transferred control of Crimea to Ukraine back in the 50's

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Nuland from Political Affairs?

You're correct, moved in was a poor choice of words. My main point was it's not a new situation and Bidet will use it for everything he can.

Russia, Russia, Russia.
    Victoria Nuland(US "diplomat") the one caught cussing the EU for not supporting US efforts to overthrow the then Ukrainian President....8-9 years ago. I looked her up(back then),and she was pushed into that position of power in Ukraine by none other than Nacy Pelosi. I will never forget that **** show lol

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Victoria Nuland the one caught cussing the EU for not supporting US efforts to overthrow the then Ukrainian President....8-9 years ago. I looked her up(back then),and she was pushed into that position of power in Ukraine by none other than Nacy Pelosi. I will never forget that **** show lol
    I'm not familiar with that, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've seen people talking about how big Ukrainian military is. If Russia decides its going to take Kiev they will do it within a few days. Three days at most. If Ukrainian people hold out for two weeks I'll be surprised.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not familiar with that, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.
    So you likely do not remember the fights and shootings that happened at the then Ukrainian parliament and how the debate over accepting US aid and military troops ended(hint...around 1/3 if the Ukrainian parliament did not show up for the vote,because they were dead). Democracy in action and the US got the president they wanted. Ah,history will likely not tell the actual story though. It was a peaceful transition away from a cruel dictator and Russian influence.

It is a place we pretty much directly overthrew the sitting president,and put our puppets(or people we could control)in power. That is the actual history,and Crimea was the home of the Russian black sea fleet(for over 100 years),we wanted that port. That is the honest history.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

More propaganda from the west to benefit Russia's operations against Ukraine.

Clown world.

If the media kept their mouth shut and the US moved in a couple aircraft carriers, nothing would have happened. Wouldn't have even needed formal statements, just hang out within range and let Russia try to figure out our intentions as we remain poker faced.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This post is a step in the right direction. +1 for smokingman!

Kiev was the friggin' nucleus of Russian civilization since Rurik. I can't stand the public perception that "history" started in 1900. Or 1865. Or 1700...

Ukraine vs. Russia is like the Middle East, everyone wants to go back another 100 years to prove their grievance is the original one.

Let the Ruskies and Cossacks work this one out. That or let Poland have Lvov and the surrounding area back and let's really get our hands dirty "righting" territorial wrongs.

It's all a big Slavic pissing contest... :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom