Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    other bits of prop-info... of course, one must consider sources, like reuters. they talk to russians, print what they say, print what our administration say.

This doesn't say who is doing the shooting or shelling, just a possible independent confirmation of fighting.

So, the local thugs are doing their thing just like they always have been, Russia is having a very large joint military exercise and this is all freaking out the Western intel/leadership/media establishment.

This part is extremely interesting to me. Why would they go to Russia and not Ukraine if these people are indeed Ukrainian?

“Many people I know who can get out (of Donetsk) left towards Russia today. “

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This part is extremely interesting to me. Why would they go to Russia and not Ukraine if these people are indeed Ukrainian?

It's all still the USSR... they just don't want to admit it.

Reactions: oze

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Lighting War

Watching the news last night I mentioned to my wife that the Russians will make the Blitzkrieg look like a senior citizen wheelchair race(*). The wife had heard the term Blitzkrieg before but did not know what it meant. Made her watch a documentary with me. Soon instead of history it will be news again.

(*) There is an FDR joke in there somewhere.

German_tanks_invade_Poland_1939_large (1).jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    US Ambassador to the OSCE Michael Carpenter:

“We assess that Russia probably has massed between 169,000-190,000 personnel in and near Ukraine as compared with about 100,000 on January 30. This estimate includes military troops along the border, in Belarus, and in occupied Crimea; Russian National Guard and other internal security units deployed to these areas; and Russian-led forces in eastern Ukraine. While Russia has sought to downplay or deceive the world about their ground and air preparations, the Russian military has publicized its large-scale naval exercises in the Black Sea, Baltic Sea and the Arctic. Russia has publicly said the Black Sea exercise alone involves more than 30 ships, and we assess that amphibious landing ships from the Northern and Baltic Fleets were sent to the Black Sea to augment forces there.

This is the most significant military mobilization in Europe since the Second World War.”

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Only thing I could think of is live ammo

The people Russia encouraged to settle in Donbas no longer feel secure in their choice...

As we detailed earlier, citing the risk of 'conflict escalation', separatists in Donbas (Eastern Ukraine) have announced the evacuation of women, children, and the elderly at the contact line to Russia, according to Interfax.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom