Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The Keltec guy noted that others were sending ammo. He didn't specify what the guns were, but they were chambered in a popular available caliber?

From what I read they were those SUB-2000s in 9mm that can take a variety of magazines. If I remembered the source I'd share it here. I just said ammo because who knows when those million rounds will get there and they need all they can get.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    1. Russia: US$7.9 billion (17.6% of total wheat exports)
    2. United States: $6.32 billion (14.1%)
    3. Canada: $6.3 billion (14%)
    4. France: $4.5 billion (10.1%)
    5. Ukraine: $3.6 billion (8%)
    6. Australia: $2.7 billion (6%)
    7. Argentina: $2.12 billion (4.7%)
    8. Germany: $2.1 billion (4.7%)
    9. Kazakhstan: $1.1 billion (2.5%)
    10. Poland: $1 billion (2.3%)
    11. Romania: $948.8 million (2.1%)
    12. Lithuania: $910.7 million (2%)
    13. Bulgaria: $699.2 million (1.6%)
    14. Latvia: $649.2 million (1.4%)
    15. Hungary: $630.6 million (1.4%)
    Source

Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Belarus (who didn't make the list) combined, exported < 30% of wheat exported worldwide. Eight of the top ten wheat exporters are either NATO countries or allies of NATO countries. Though Russia can indeed impact world wheat prices a great deal. It's not like they're able to embargo NATO nations in a supply threatening way.

Russia needs income to fuel their somewhat pathetic military. An embargo hurts them probably more than it hurts NATO nations, other than food prices will rise. The price of Wheaties is going up.
    Also, notice the lack of EastAsia representation on that list. Somehow, I doubt the Chinese are going to willingly let their own populace starve because that would be existential. The exclusive deals they have with African countries for raw materials would likely also come under pressure to provide food aid because Africa has NEVER been able to feed itself, but China will struggle to feed its own people

I don't think there is only one answer to the war game problem SmokingMan proposes. Just by creating a co-operative with Canada we could control between 1/4 and 1/3 of all wheat exports as well as refine their oil, as well as our own, into most finished petrochemical products that we need. If Trudeau seeks to get in the way, he can be killed. In fact, if you cut the rot out of the heart of our government, pretty much everybody in the WEF can be gotten to with a very few exceptions

The current moment of staring into the abyss will have unpredictable consequences throughout the west

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sure, pal. And when you are wrong again, it will be "jUsT wAiT tWo mOrE yEaRs!" again.

It's always amazed me that the people who really know how to run the world economy are all in barber shops and on internet forums. Shame they don't lend their "expertise" where it might make a difference. But I suppose public doomsturbation is more fun.

I remember when the internet was young. Still waiting on Y2K to kill us all. :):
    The people who mock prepping are almost always among the first casualties, one way or another

"Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a cognitive bias which leads people to disbelieve or minimize threat warnings. Consequently, individuals underestimate the likelihood of a disaster, when it might affect them, and its potential adverse effects. The normalcy bias causes many people to not adequately prepare for natural disasters, market crashes, and calamities caused by human error."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Once again it seems that they are trying to avoid the insurgency issues we found ourselves bogged down in during iraq and Afghanistan.

Quickly taking the capital while allowing potential insurgents to live behind the new lines is a terrible idea. Russia means to permanently make any captured area “Russian”.
    That would seem to require ethnic cleansing. But it is unlikely Russia's new buddy the CCP will have a problem with that

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Sure, pal. And when you are wrong again, it will be "jUsT wAiT tWo mOrE yEaRs!" again.

It's always amazed me that the people who really know how to run the world economy are all in barber shops and on internet forums. Shame they don't lend their "expertise" where it might make a difference. But I suppose public doomsturbation is more fun.

I remember when the internet was young. Still waiting on Y2K to kill us all. :):
    “Doomsturbation”, that’s just the word I was looking for, thanks.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    About those tanks in storage.

Most have had crap stolen off them.

Also interestingly, Russia sent a one off prototype into the war zone.
    Let me see if I've got this straight: they had ONE of something and you send it into battle and now you have ZERO. Who though this was a good idea?

The Ukrainian military has destroyed Russia’s only T-80UM2 experimental main battle tank prototype during the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine, Oryx Blog researchers revealed.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Let me see if I've got this straight: they had ONE of something and you send it into battle and now you have ZERO. Who though this was a good idea?

The Ukrainian military has destroyed Russia’s only T-80UM2 experimental main battle tank prototype during the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine, Oryx Blog researchers revealed.
    The Russians are just following Spacex’ design and testing approach: anticipate a few unscheduled disassemblies, learn from that and build back better!

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Red Storm Rising should've been a movie!
    But if it were filmed these days, Mike Edwards (the USAF weatherman/evader in Iceland) would probably become transgendered; and they'd slide in a POTUS that would be a thinly disguised expy of DJT who was "really" responsible for the whole war (not the Islamist terrorists who blew up the Soviet oil refinery).

After all, they turned the Islamist terrorists who reverse-engineered the Israeli copy of a Mark 12 bomb into the trigger for a thermonuclear device into neo-Nazis in "The Sum of All Fears".

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    This is a response from some Polish friends of ours who were born in and live in Poland.

Biden, hypocrite "Democrat", one of the chief murderers
    of the last year dares to praise democracy while speaking
    in Warsaw.
    Biden praises "Democracy", by which he means "Democrat-cy".

Just like Calvera in "The Magnificent Seven" - 'with me, it's simple--do what I say (while reading off of the Teleprompter)'.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    The first really high performance computers I used as an undergrad still used punch cards

Handtrucks full of stacks of punch cards

The first stand-alone I ever programmed for was a PDP-11

:fogey: you kids had it easy
    IBM 360/67 and Univac 1108 at Carnegie-Mellon in the mid-to-late 70s; although we had a lot of PDP-8/10/11 laying around because Gordon Bell was both a VP at Digital Equipment and a professor at CMU.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

They may have considered it a dead end, or not worth bothering with anymore.

Because the Russians are working with something that may be the future, especially considering the ATGMs on the field.

Meet the T-14 tank.
    T-14_prototype_from_above.JPG

This is a blank sheet design, and is interesting in that. The turret is man-less. Its a three man crew that sit away from the boom boom stuff in the front of the tank. So if a Javelin pops the turret, the guys get out and get away.
    The scary thing is, because the turret is automated.. there is nothing to keep this thing from being made into a "Tank Drone", and future plans may include that. The crew drives to the battle, gets out just before, and commands the tank from the safe rear into battle.

HazelDell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Carmel
    As I watch this unfold I’m amazed at the amount of Russian generals being killed. Sounds like they have a different command structure where these higher ranks are closer to the front lines than the us for example. And the fact that they have’t stopped the Ukranian drones is cray

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So that’s a straight up “war crime” !

You already have em zip tied and I assume searched. No reason to shoot them that dude is probably a sociopath.

Most EPW‘s have encountered were scared to death.

Search- Allow them to keep body amour, helmets and gas mask.

Silence- do not allow them to talk gag and blindfold if needed

Segregate- By rank,sex,medical personnel/ religious personnel and political personnel.

(medical personnel and religious personnel can continue their duties if necessary)

Safeguard- Ensure medical attention give them water but no food. Keep them away from Soldiers that may want kill them.

Speed - To the EPW point the Interrogators need them quickly. What they do with them is on them.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yes the Russians General grade officers are much father forward than ours.

The Russian command system is far different than ours. They have a top down system with ridged orders. This allows subordinate commanders limited freedom of maneuver.
    Russians would need to ask permission to alter from orders.

Our Commander’s issue a intent and subordinate Commander’s follow that intent. We have points of separation that means control of maneuver is up to the subordinate officers.
    Our Officers can run buck wild in their respective area while following the Commander’s intent.

Our General Officers are in a Tactical Operations Centers. Located in the center of the battle space. They do go forward if needed to see the situation “on the ground”. They have a very complex and difficult job tons of incoming information.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I keep seeing so many people on here that are appalled Russian POWs (might) be getting shot in the knee when many of the people on here have been saying from the beginning they wouldn't be taking any prisoners if we were being invaded here.

Neither one is right as POWs should be protected but the hypocrisy is so loud it's laughable. Not saying anyone has specifically said both the "not taking prisoners" part and the "knee capping POWs is wrong" part but can't have it both ways y'all. Besides, the Ukrainian ranks have been filled by volunteers with maybe a week's worth of training. Clearly discipline is lacking, and unacceptable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom