Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Interesting pictures of a Russian base in Southern Russia.

View attachment 177547
    Things are also heating up in the Baltics and Swedish island of Gotland.
    Looks like Putin has plans to get the band back together again…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Putin will attack the Ukraine if they try to or start working towards joining NATO. He sees the Ukraine as a buffer between the west and Russia. He also wants their natural resources.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Putin will attack the Ukraine if they try to or start working towards joining NATO. He sees the Ukraine as a buffer between the west and Russia. He also wants their natural resources.
    Could also drive Sweden and Finland into joining NATO.

Germany is very vunerable since they have greatly downsized their military. Poland has a much more effective military than Germany and would put up a hell of a fight.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Germany is very vunerable since they have greatly downsized their military. Poland has a much more effective military than Germany and would put up a hell of a fight.
    From what I gather Germany is basically dependent on Russian gas after they voluntarily scrapped their nuke plants. Germany is out of the game, turn the gas off in the winter and they freeze.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    BCOJdt0gzOom.gif

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

The Ukraine is entirely within the European continent. It's the largest "European" country that is.
    Fun fact I picked up from a Ukrainian foreign exchange student my DiL family hosted.

Another thing I learned is that S'mores are pretty much unheard of there. My wife was having a G-scout event with S'mores for anyone that came by at a city park. My son and future DiL brought her by. We showed her how to roast a marshmallow and make the S'more. She asked my wife how they were and she said "good". The girl took a bite her eyes got big and she got this huge smile and said "These aren't good, their great!"

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Interesting article on Russia and the bad choices they make.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Interesting article on Russia and the bad choices they make.
    Russia’s own swamp.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Therefore, with both a red light and a green light, the color of Dean Acheson’s passive-aggressive speech was the worst possible choice, the mixture of green and red: yellow.

Yellow is the color of strategic ambiguity and policy indolence, the lethal dose of which contained in Mr. Acheson’s fateful speech made it one of the most regrettable policy pronouncements in U.S. diplomatic and strategic history.

Joe's a one-man wrecking crew, didn't even have his SoS make the statement.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The Ukraine is entirely within the European continent. It's the largest "European" country that is.
    Fun fact I picked up from a Ukrainian foreign exchange student my DiL family hosted.

Thanks Denny :p

To be fair, I don’t think any action wi stop at Ukraine. Before long we’ll be in Kazakhstan, Russia-proper, Taiwan and (sigh) China.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Joe's a one-man wrecking crew, didn't even have his SoS make the statement.
    SoS Blinken met with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov. That's like bringing jello to a knife fight.

Maybe they'll trot out National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan (AKA the kid wearing his Dad's suit) for some tough talk. I'm sure that will scare the former KGB agent. This kid was Hillary's Chief of Staff when she was SoS. Obviously he's not in the Clinton-cide part of the organization. If he was? Vlad would understand that.

If Acheson hadn't green-lighted the original Kim (evil, not crazy and evil like the other Kims) to roll across the border, I'd have never gotten the chance to see that part of the world. That doesn't make me feel better about our current situation, hearing it my head or typing it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Thanks Denny :p

To be fair, I don’t think any action wi stop at Ukraine. Before long we’ll be in Kazakhstan, Russia-proper, Taiwan and (sigh) China.
    I think that's my first official Denny. :woot::woot::woot:

And unfortunately I agree with you on the second half. Time for another 20-30-40 yr war. If were lucky as a species that is. Otherwise this might end real quick.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

Matthew 24:6-13

King James Version

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
    7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
    8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom