Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    But 99% of people are mindless zombies who will do a 180 twist and start believing the media out of the blue, after protesting it for years. Because I guess they love slavic people but hate Russians...?

It makes me wonder what was in those vaccines.

Somehow this Zelensky guy is a patron saint to them, even though he imprisoned his political opposition and shut down TV stations that criticized him. Because... He took pictures in body armor last year?

I don't understand how people can be so incapable of critical thinking, unless there's legitimately some sort of mind control going on. Anyone bothered looking around at the state of our country, our economy, or our southern border? Or are they too busy fixating on a magic flashing picture box that gives them their programming for the day as everything falls apart?
    The magic flashing picture box has three quarters of a century of mind control science behind it. Underestimate it at your own risk.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

As of the morning of March 6, Russia lost about 11,000 servicemen, about 300 tanks, more than 40 aircraft & 48 helicopters. Dozens of artillery systems were destroyed. Ukrainians did all this in 10 days. And they will do more (sic)," an advisor to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy tweeted on Sunday.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

As of the morning of March 6, Russia lost about 11,000 servicemen, about 300 tanks, more than 40 aircraft & 48 helicopters. Dozens of artillery systems were destroyed. Ukrainians did all this in 10 days. And they will do more (sic)," an advisor to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy tweeted on Sunday.
    I have no doubt that the Ukrainian military has been able to inflict a sizable amount of damage but as always, the source for the numbers should be considered.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes. We get it. You hate this man. I think you’ve made your point quite clear.
    I do not hate anyone. I see Putin and Zelenskyy exactly the same. They are both being used.
    I would rather everyone focus on our own interest,but Putin is being painted as the enemy...so I simply showed things about Zelenskyy that give people more information.

I am a big fan of the truth,of our founding fathers,and the constitution.

Not so much a fan of our government overthrowing countries and putting in puppets.We have done it often. Ukraine,Libya,Iraq,South Korea,Chile(for over a century now),Taiwan,Afghanistan,Poland,Lebanon,San Salvador,Guam,Panama,Haiti,Liberia(since Clinton to protect their central bank lol)on and on and on.

We overthrow countries,and one thing EVERY single one of them has after we are done.................IMF loans and debt.

A 2016 study by Carnegie Mellon University professor Dov Levin found that the United States intervened in 81 foreign elections between 1946 and 2000

Point being I want America to be for and about Americans again.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    At this point, I'm more inclined to believe infatuation with Putin rather than hatred of Zelenskyy.
    Then you did not read my post earlier. I have no infatuation with Putin to be 100% clear.
    "Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. ... In the execution of such a plan nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations and passionate attachments for others should be excluded, and that in place of them just and amicable feelings toward all should be cultivated. The nation which indulges toward another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness is in some degree a slave. It is a slave to its animosity or to its affection, either of which is sufficient to lead it astray from its duty and its interest. Antipathy in one nation against another disposes each more readily to offer insult and injury, to lay hold of slight causes of umbrage, and to be haughty and intractable when accidental or trifling occasions of dispute occur.
    Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people to surrender their interests."

I agree with our first president and my post have been more about how our interests are being torn apart than cheering Putin for sure.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The magic flashing picture box has three quarters of a century of mind control science behind it. Underestimate it at your own risk.

I have not watched regular TV in more than two decades. My living room does not even have a TV,great for reading in though with three couches with different lighting as the day goes by.
    I have streamed movies and shows,and used to go to movie theaters(10+ years ago), but mostly I read.
    Until last year I trusted science and used to spend a substantial amount of time reading papers on topics I enjoy. They fked that up last year. I trust almost nothing now,and even reading a book I tend to get online and research the author prior to or during reading it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Then you did not read my post earlier. I have no infatuation with Putin to be 100% clear.
    "Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. ... In the execution of such a plan nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations and passionate attachments for others should be excluded, and that in place of them just and amicable feelings toward all should be cultivated. The nation which indulges toward another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness is in some degree a slave. It is a slave to its animosity or to its affection, either of which is sufficient to lead it astray from its duty and its interest. Antipathy in one nation against another disposes each more readily to offer insult and injury, to lay hold of slight causes of umbrage, and to be haughty and intractable when accidental or trifling occasions of dispute occur.
    Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people to surrender their interests."

I agree with our first president.
    I made the unfortunate rush to judgment and called you out for "loving up to Putin" in another thread. One has to be intentionally blind not to see there are a number of dynamics in play one of which is our own government's involvement over the years in Ukraine that contributed to this conflict coming to a head.

I've learned that closed minds cannot be objective.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I made the unfortunate rush to judgment and called you out for "loving up to Putin" in another thread. One has to be intentionally blind not to see there are a number of dynamics in play one of which is our own government's involvement over the years in Ukraine that contributed to this conflict coming to a head.

I've learned that closed minds cannot be objective.
    That is likely the highest compliment anyone could give me honestly. I may not be totally responsible for you learning(likely am not),but helping break even one person out is a victory.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Side note.
    Elon Musk,not sure rather to like the guy or not. One thing I will say is the man is certainly for free speech and will not be blocking any news sources with starlink.
    "Starlink has been told by some governments (not Ukraine) to block Russian news sources," he tweeted
    "We will not do so unless at gunpoint," Musk added. "Sorry to be a free speech absolutist."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is likely the highest compliment anyone could give me honestly. I may not be totally responsible for you learning(likely am not),but helping break even one person out is a victory.
    Once a person has formed a solid opinion and made that opinion public it can be difficult to get them to open up enough to see another side to that issue.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hey. I'm willing to admit that you've at least made me pause and think. I've adjusted my viewpoint and I can honestly say that I have been trying to be even keeled on the issue. I've criticized Putin, I've criticized Zelensky and I've criticized our own government.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey. I'm willing to admit that you've at least made me pause and think. I've adjusted my viewpoint and I can honestly say that I have been trying to be even keeled on the issue. I've criticized Putin, I've criticized Zelensky and I've criticized our own government.
    I actual appreciate your viewpoint when looking at all sides. We might as well throw in NATO and the EU though. They are not innocent in any of this either. Granted our military enabled them,because they certainly lack the ability to even defend themselves as this point.

Our own government pretty much has thrown us under the bus so to speak.
    I fully expect grain prices to more than double and inflation in pretty much everything is going to be insane levels of crazy. I expect oil will break that $127 per barrel record in the next week,and head higher from there.
    Now we are trying to negotiate with Russia for Iran's nuclear power deal,and it seems this administration is pushing hard for the deal to be done. Why? Because they see Iran as a replacement for some energy if Russia shuts off the tap(for the USA and EU). I just can not help but shake my head,replacing Russian oil and gas with Iran's...sigh.

I honestly do not care about Putin or Ukraine. I care about our interests and many seem to have forgotten we just crossed the 30 trillion mark on a debt that can never be repaid(take out wars for the last 20+ years and it would be much less).

I have taken a stand many times here on us intervening in other countries. I remember being bashed pretty well when talking about Libya and I still have never gotten used to it. I guess my view is always our interests,not politics,not spreading"democracy",and certainly not spreading fractional reserve banking. This is Libya 11 years later,and yes they are still pretty much in a civil war and the entire society has collapsed(other than the IMF run central bank). https://www.heritage.org/index/country/libya but but the person we put in power(over the royalty that had ruled for centuries) turned out to be a dictator(27 years later we were not ok with him in charge during the "Arab spring" or trying for a gold backed Africa wide currency). Even though Libya was the most stable and prosperous country in Africa with a gold backed currency,best education,best medical care in Africa,and ZERO debt,zero inflation for 10+ years(chants dictator to masses...govt ok we can replace him). Note no one knows where all that gold went. He was a little to brave going for that African wide gold back currency,it got him killed,and we and UN did it all by a few men saying dictator. That was all it took to get public support.

This **** show has been going on way longer than just Ukraine.
    We are terrible at nation building,and it is a business we should have never been involved in.
    If we focus on ourselves and getting back to being a true constitutional republic the world's problems would probably be less than they are with us "helping"

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I actual appreciate your viewpoint when looking at all sides. We might as well throw in NATO and the EU though. They are not innocent in any of this either. Granted our military enabled them,because they certainly lack the ability to even defend themselves as this point.

Our own government pretty much has thrown us under the bus so to speak.
    I fully expect grain prices to more than double and inflation in pretty much everything is going to be insane levels of crazy. I expect oil will break that $127 per barrel record in the next week,and head higher from there.
    Now we are trying to negotiate with Russia for Iran's nuclear power deal,and it seems this administration is pushing hard for the deal to be done. Why? Because they see Iran as a replacement for some energy if Russia shuts off the tap(for the USA and EU). I just can not help but shake my head,replacing Russian oil and gas with Iran's...sigh.

I honestly do not care about Putin or Ukraine. I care about our interests and many seem to have forgotten we just crossed the 30 trillion mark on a debt that can never be repaid(take out wars for the last 20+ years and it would be much less).

I have taken a stand many times here on us intervening in other countries. I remember being bashed pretty well when talking about Libya and I still have never gotten used to it. I guess my view is always our interests,not politics,not spreading"democracy",and certainly not spreading fractional reserve banking. This is Libya 11 years later,and yes they are still pretty much in a civil war and the entire society has collapsed(other than the IMF run central bank). https://www.heritage.org/index/country/libya but but the person we put in power(over the royalty that had ruled for centuries) turned out to be a dictator(27 years later we were not ok with him in charge during the "Arab spring" or trying for a gold backed Africa wide currency). Even though Libya was the most stable and prosperous country in Africa with a gold backed currency,best education,best medical care in Africa,and ZERO debt,zero inflation for 10+ years(chants dictator to masses...govt ok we can replace him). Note no one knows where all that gold went. He was a little to brave going for that African wide gold back currency,it got him killed,and we and UN did it all by a few men saying dictator. That was all it took to get public support.

This **** show has been going on way longer than just Ukraine.
    We are terrible at nation building,and it is a business we should have never been involved in.
    If we focus on ourselves and getting back to being a true constitutional republic the world's problems would probably be less than they are with us "helping"
    I agree that the EU and NATO are not exempt from criticism. I've done that as well. I also agree that Biden is further tanking our economy worse than it already is while in the process of trying to tank Russia's calling it a sacrifice that we must make. He's banking on us being able to win the war of economic attrition against Russia over the effects of sanctions.

I also agree with the points you've made about that whole Libya debacle.

Last but not least I am 100% onboard with your last two paragraphs.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Or maybe Ukraine was just a little too close for comfort to joining NATO, and he wanted the eastern half to remain as a buffer state?
    After watching the feckless response of NATO, the EU, Biden I am not sure what Putin would have to fear from a neighboring NATO country.

Kind of like the US not needing a fence to keep Canada out.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Side note.
    Elon Musk,not sure rather to like the guy or not. One thing I will say is the man is certainly for free speech and will not be blocking any news sources with starlink.
    "Starlink has been told by some governments (not Ukraine) to block Russian news sources," he tweeted
    "We will not do so unless at gunpoint," Musk added. "Sorry to be a free speech absolutist."
    Interesting how the media and politicians are bemoaning the fact that Russia is limiting access to social media and opposing points of view in the news. Yet these same people had no problem with cutting Trump off from Twitter and Facebooks draconian limits with regards to opinions they did not like (conservatives and COVID).

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I feel the same way about Europe as I do about the Middle East. Let them kill each other, just leave us out of it. We really don't need any of them. We need to concentrate on our own problems.
    I doubt NATO will do anything until the jackasses in Washington give them a green light. Unfortunately that is exactly what the idiots will do, at which point, we the people, loose.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Or maybe Ukraine was just a little too close for comfort to joining NATO, and he wanted the eastern half to remain as a buffer state?
    Why is it seemingly acceptable for Putin to want buffer states between him and NATO, but seen as an aggressive move when NATO looks to create more buffer states on their side?

Reactions: oze

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Seen the posts about 11,000 Russian troops killed....can't say one way or the other if true...but if true so what....? They sent 190,000 and now only 180,000 left.....and I'm sure they can send more. Unless they are driven back and not just slowed it won't matter. Was Vietnam that long ago to remember the numbers game doesn't work out to good.

Our Government is as corrupt as Putins....If we could get rid of some of these governments and back to the People the world might be a better place. But if we really did have 80 million people vote for Biden then I doubt we really have any hope until that generation is either gone or changes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom