• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I also like motion sensor lights, as things are dark and neighbors come to notice that it is usually dark...then when there is movement, the unusual light is likely noticed by the neighbors. The whole point is to get others to notice.

I checked out these lights on Lowes.com and both of them indicate that they have motion sensors. I agree that motion sensor lights are the best way to go.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, until recently I had one of those unlocked country houses your read about on TV..... but now I believe we're gonna have to be a little more secure. Oh, and it is obviously late October. I just came home and found the mailbox knocked off of its post.... wonderful. Can't get too mad, though. I was one ROTTEN kid myself.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Didn't get a chance to read the whole thread. However, in Brown County, a cabin we joint-own with some fellow friends was targeted. We have a barn with $$ tools (my uncles obsession), a Polaris Ranger, Polaris ATV, and several other expensive objects.

Some people came and cut the lock on the gate and stole about $3-4k worth of tools. Thankfully they didn't have a trailer or truck to take the atv's or venture into the cabin itself as we have a fake security camera over the garage. Insurance covered all this.

Be safe everyone...

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    figure what was me, Indy317?
    I am reacting to specific, recent criminal activity. I have always had motion lights. Now I want to illuminate more and get more detail out of perps within camera frame, but outside motion sensing distance. The recent break-ins I did catch on CCTV Tape. It's just they hit the DARK HOUSES (that you like so much) and did not enter my property. Still, I reviewed the tape not for my needs, but for my neighbors' assistance, and my lights, having not come on since no motion in my yard, insufficiently illuminated their property. And since they had a totally dark yard, not details were evident on the tape. So, now the surrounding properties are illuminated more, and my CCTV captures more detail at a further distance. So, there is a bit of deterrent (since they were NOT deterred by darkness) and there is the side that wants to have evidence so to speak to gather after the fact if they are undeterred.

I am comfortable with our decisions on this topic.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom