• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    So I was driving from Indianapolis to Illinois and on the way happened to be getting gas next what looked like a pretty nice hippy dude that some people were pointing at. My first thought was maybe he was the actor who played Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds (that guy owns a bar in Chicago) but it turned out to be Libertarian candidate for governor Rupert. Nice guy. I guess he got a Winnebago to go take his family and friends camping or something.

Anyway, I'm driving down the road, cross over into Illinois :noway: and after a couple hours, I see a Winnebago on the side of the road with an Illinois state trooper behind it. Yes, it appears one of our candidates for governor was pulled over by the People's Republic of Illinois. I so wanted to get pictures for proof of this but being it was Illinois and I'd be doing the dastardly deed of photographing a cop...... Now you know that I'm no big advocate of the L party here. Frankly I think their energies should be put into a reinvigorated second party but that's beside the point. To his credit, I could tell from his body language that Mr. Boneham was trying to be compliant with the officer and not pulling the "Do you know who I am?" routine. I liked that. I could see voting for a humble spirit like that even if the reason he was pulled over was probably total horse :poop: . Second, if there could be a more perfect living example of why I left Illinois in the first place, I don't know what it is. In Indiana you're a political candidate and known philanthropist. You cross over into Illinois and the first thing that happens to you is you're getting hassled over most likely CDL stickers on an RV or some crap like that. So conservative, democrat, libertarian, or nutjob in your mom's basement - whatever. I'm glad I'm with the Hoosiers rather than the IAHs anymore.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm on staff with that Hippie Dude's campaign.

Trooper pulled the Winnebago over because they were getting too many calls asking if Rupert was running for governor in Illinois.

Evidently the good LEOs in Ill wanted to make sure the survivor dude wasn't next up for a stay in the governors' wing of their state's Cell-block A.

BTW: He is heading over to Nevada for the National Libertarian Party convention this weekend. He'll be speaking to the convention.Be on the lookout here in Indiana for the Winnebago traveling the state for the next 7 months.

PS: shameless plug -------> Here's his facebook page for the campaign. You can be his friend.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    OK - egg on my face. Turns out the officer pulled him over because the carpeting on the steps of his RV was coming off and he wanted to let him know before he lost it. I prejudged the situation and was way off.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Gotta love Rupert. Got a good heart met him a few times. Gets pretty upset when he loses at Bocci Ball though

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Since I don't really like my man mitch or the other guy running for the republican party and the chance of the other guy getting elected is very high I will most like vote rupert for Gov myself.

I meet him long before he was on survivor. He was running cameras at the INDY 500, and redoing a home he bought in a bad neighborhood for just one dollar. When i went over there and had to go to the bathroom I had to go out the front door and in the rear door because the hall floor was missing between the two.

I would also likely vote for anyone who would promise to make INDIANA TIME valid again. I hate it being light still at 9:30 PM when i have to get up for work at 4:30 am. I always liked Indiana the state where time never changes.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    daylight-savings-indian-wise-saying-sad-hill-news.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99