• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The way the Dem's are skooting out of the Senate it may be a cake walk for her.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sarah: Say it is so, run for president - Columnists - MiamiHerald.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Sarah: Say it is so, run for president[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]By LEONARD PITTS[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]lpitts@MiamiHerald.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Sarah Palin:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I hear you're pondering a run for the White House in 2012. Last week, you told Fox news it would be ``absurd'' to rule it out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I'm writing to ask that you rule it in. I very badly want you to run for -- and win -- the Republican nomination for the presidency. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I know you're waiting for the punch line. Maybe you figure I think you'd be a weak candidate who would pave the way for President Obama's easy re-election.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That's not it. No, I want you to run because I believe a Palin candidacy would force upon this country a desperately needed moment of truth. It would require us to finally decide what kind of America we want to be.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mrs. Palin, you are an avatar of the shameless hypocrisy and cognitive disconnection that have driven our politics for the last decade, a process of stupidification creeping like kudzu over our national life.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As Exhibit A, consider your recent speech at a so-called "tea party'' event, wherein you dismissed the president as a "charismatic guy with a teleprompter.'' Bad enough you imply that teleprompter use is the mark of an insubstantial man, even though you and every other major politician uses them. But what made the comment truly jaw-dropping is that even as you spoke, you had penned on your left palm, clearly visible, a series of crib notes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mrs. Palin, if Obama is an idiot for reading a prepared speech off a teleprompter, what are you for reading notes you've inked on your hand like a school kid who failed to study for the big test?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In the Fox interview, you scored Obama for supposedly expecting Americans to "sit down and shut up'' and accept his policies. But when asked when the president has ever said that, you couldn't answer. Obama, you sputtered, has just been condescending with his "general persona.'' [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I found that a telling moment. See, ultimately what you represent is not conservatism. Heck, I suspect that somewhere, Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan are spinning like helicopter rotors at the very idea. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]No, you represent the latest iteration of an anti-intellectualism that periodically rises in the American character. There is, historically and persistently, a belief in us that y'all just can't trust nobody who acts too smart or talks too good -- in other words, somebody whose "general persona'' indicates they may have once cracked a book or had a thought. Americans tend to believe common sense the exclusive province of humble folks without sheepskins on the wall or big words in their vocabularies.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I don't mock those people. They are my parents, my family elders, members of my childhood church. I honor their native good sense, what mom called "mother wit.'' But if it is insulting to condescend to them, it is equally insulting to mythologize them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]More to the point, something is wrong when we celebrate mental mediocrity like yours under the misapprehension that competence or, God forbid, intelligence, makes a person one of those "elites'' -- that's a curse word now -- lacking authenticity, compassion and common sense.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So no, this is not a clash of ideologies, but a clash between intelligence and its opposite. And I am tired of being asked to pretend stupid is a virtue. That's why I'd welcome the moment of truth your campaign would bring. It would force us to decide once and for all whether we are permanently committed to the path of ignorance, of birthers, truthers and tea party incoherence you represent, or whether we will at last turn back from the cliff toward which we race.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If the latter, wonderful, God bless America. If the former, well, some of us can finally quit hoping the nation will return to its senses and plan accordingly. Either way, we need to know, and your candidacy would tell us. If you love this country, Mrs. Palin, you can do it no greater service.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Run, Sarah, run. [/FONT]

TK

thecanuck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Niether of which will run. That being said, I don't think she's really a viable candidate. Mitt Romney or some unknown will be strong in three years.

Agreed - I love Sarah but I think that in the next 2-3 years alot of things will change on the GOP ticket...

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    I was kinda excited about Palin untill she supported McCain re election bid. His politics are bad and if she can support him than I will not support her. We need a true conservative.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Sarah is hi-jacking the Tea Party movement and doing what politicians do best...distort and weaken a good thing.

I can't seem to find anything to support this yet, but maybe some of you may have heard something along the same lines in regard for how aligned she is with the Tea Party movement and how the Tea Party is for a strong national defense, as she has stated on Fox News.
    I can't seem to find one single Tea Party movement that makes that kind of statement. All I have read is how they are all for smaller government and the support of the constitution...just as the following taken from the Tea Party Patriots:

Tea Party Patriots as an organization believes in the Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Markets. Tea Party Patriots, Inc. is a non-partisan grassroots organization of individuals united by our core values derived from the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill Of Rights as explained in the Federalist Papers. We recognize and support the strength of grassroots organization powered by activism and civic responsibility at a local level. We hold that the United States is a republic conceived by its architects as a nation whose people were granted "unalienable rights" by our Creator. Chiefly among these are the rights to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The Tea Party Patriots stand with our founders, as heirs to the republic, to claim our rights and duties which preserve their legacy and our own. We hold, as did the founders, that there exists an inherent benefit to our country when private property and prosperity are secured by natural law and the rights of the individual.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I personally think the GOP is grasping for breath and I think they will Hi-Jack anything they can to get back on top which really isnt much at this point. We need to quit watching the parties and look at the individual, there are scumbags in both parties as well as a few good people in both parties. The party game needs to come to a end it has went on for 100 years I think Washington warned the American people of the 2 party system. Now with that said I think Palin could do a pretty decent job no one person is gonna please everyone, if they make everyone happy they are not doing their job and if everyone hates them they arent doing their job.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Nominating SP would be another political suicide. She doesn't have enough support from her party, let alone the ever important independent vote.........I won't vote for her.......oh well, looks like another write-in:)

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Someone Support a True veteran. I.E. a working man, not a W.P. or N.A. grad. who majored in Political Science. Get him on a 3rd party ballot and make sure he knows what he is talking about, not someone else telling him what he knows

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    She represents so much of what America USED to be. America needs to be reacquainted!

RUN SARAH RUN!
    The way the Dem's are skooting out of the Senate it may be a cake walk for her.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sarah: Say it is so, run for president - Columnists - MiamiHerald.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Sarah: Say it is so, run for president[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]By LEONARD PITTS[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]lpitts@MiamiHerald.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Sarah Palin:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I hear you're pondering a run for the White House in 2012. Last week, you told Fox news it would be ``absurd'' to rule it out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I'm writing to ask that you rule it in. I very badly want you to run for -- and win -- the Republican nomination for the presidency. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I know you're waiting for the punch line. Maybe you figure I think you'd be a weak candidate who would pave the way for President Obama's easy re-election.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That's not it. No, I want you to run because I believe a Palin candidacy would force upon this country a desperately needed moment of truth. It would require us to finally decide what kind of America we want to be.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mrs. Palin, you are an avatar of the shameless hypocrisy and cognitive disconnection that have driven our politics for the last decade, a process of stupidification creeping like kudzu over our national life.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As Exhibit A, consider your recent speech at a so-called "tea party'' event, wherein you dismissed the president as a "charismatic guy with a teleprompter.'' Bad enough you imply that teleprompter use is the mark of an insubstantial man, even though you and every other major politician uses them. But what made the comment truly jaw-dropping is that even as you spoke, you had penned on your left palm, clearly visible, a series of crib notes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mrs. Palin, if Obama is an idiot for reading a prepared speech off a teleprompter, what are you for reading notes you've inked on your hand like a school kid who failed to study for the big test?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In the Fox interview, you scored Obama for supposedly expecting Americans to "sit down and shut up'' and accept his policies. But when asked when the president has ever said that, you couldn't answer. Obama, you sputtered, has just been condescending with his "general persona.'' [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I found that a telling moment. See, ultimately what you represent is not conservatism. Heck, I suspect that somewhere, Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan are spinning like helicopter rotors at the very idea. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]No, you represent the latest iteration of an anti-intellectualism that periodically rises in the American character. There is, historically and persistently, a belief in us that y'all just can't trust nobody who acts too smart or talks too good -- in other words, somebody whose "general persona'' indicates they may have once cracked a book or had a thought. Americans tend to believe common sense the exclusive province of humble folks without sheepskins on the wall or big words in their vocabularies.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I don't mock those people. They are my parents, my family elders, members of my childhood church. I honor their native good sense, what mom called "mother wit.'' But if it is insulting to condescend to them, it is equally insulting to mythologize them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]More to the point, something is wrong when we celebrate mental mediocrity like yours under the misapprehension that competence or, God forbid, intelligence, makes a person one of those "elites'' -- that's a curse word now -- lacking authenticity, compassion and common sense.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So no, this is not a clash of ideologies, but a clash between intelligence and its opposite. And I am tired of being asked to pretend stupid is a virtue. That's why I'd welcome the moment of truth your campaign would bring. It would force us to decide once and for all whether we are permanently committed to the path of ignorance, of birthers, truthers and tea party incoherence you represent, or whether we will at last turn back from the cliff toward which we race.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If the latter, wonderful, God bless America. If the former, well, some of us can finally quit hoping the nation will return to its senses and plan accordingly. Either way, we need to know, and your candidacy would tell us. If you love this country, Mrs. Palin, you can do it no greater service.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Run, Sarah, run. [/FONT]

TK

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Niether of which will run. That being said, I don't think she's really a viable candidate. Mitt Romney or some unknown will be strong in three years.

I hope it's not Mitt Romney.

He bought a factory in my hometown, laid off all the workers, moved their jobs to another country, then sold the place for a profit.

THEN.... He runs for President and campaigns on getting Americans more jobs!

He's another insider that needs to be banned.

billpoobah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really do like Sarah, but I am not so sure I could vote for her as Pres. I would vote for her again if she ran as VP under someone I could trust...

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I actually think they threw it away by going with McCain...he sounded like a complete idiot in the debates and rarely called Obama out on anything that he coud have made a home run with.

I agree there were many times he could of called out Obama on many different issues but didnt.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Havent you all read the stories,that every President,, the United States has ever had , has came from the Royal Blood Line? Hand picked.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    1.jpg
    Nevada Tea Party Bolts the GOP and Glenn Beck

By: Jane Hamsher Monday February 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Run away, Tea Party!

The Tea Party is evidently cutting its ties with the GOP in Nevada and pitching its own political tent. Certainly the best news Harry Reid has had all year:
    Sun columnist Jon Ralston is reporting that the Tea Party has qualified as a third party in Nevada and will have a candidate in the Senate race to battle for the seat held by Majority Leader Harry Reid.
    The party has filed a Certificate of Existence but needs to get 1 percent of the electorate to vote for its candidate in November to permanently qualify, according to the report.
    Ralston reported that Jon Ashjian will be the Tea Party’s U.S. Senate candidate on the November ballot. Ashjian still must declare his candidacy.

Reid might actually have a chance if a Tea Party candidate can split the vote on the right, where Reid is currently down 10 points to most of his Republican opponents.
    But why would the Tea Party split from the GOP, right after their happy Nashville convention headlined by Sarah Palin? Well, who knows. It’s probably been in the works for a while. But last week, after libertarian gubernatorial candidate Deborah Medina polled only 4 points behind Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Glenn Beck torpedoed her as a 9/11 Truther just as he did Van Jones, cheered on by Hot Air and the Washington Independent.
    It’s clear that the Sarah Palin social conservatives and the Neocons are somewhat less than interested in handing the GOP over to the Ron Paul libertarians, and “populist hero” Glenn Beck did their dirty work. I guess the Tea Party folks are welcome to wave anti-Obama signs for the Fox cameras, but if they actually want to challenge any of the party brahmins — well, hands off.
    Looking over the bylaws of the Nevada Tea Party (PDF), however, it appears that they have dodged the issues of interventionism and first amendment rights, so it doesn’t settle many of the significant rifts between the Neocons and the libertarians. The preamble says “we must protect our homeland,” but that evidently means “secur[ing] our borders against illegal immigration.” Nothing about “illegal wars,” “domestic spying” or “civil liberties.”
    Fox News has tossed the Tea Parties a lot of free PR to co-opt their “fiscal responsibility” message, as if George Bush hadn’t been on the biggest drunken spending spree in the history of the federal government. They certainly weren’t aiming to hand the party over to the rabble, just give it an image overhaul. No doubt the long knives are being sharpened right now.

Top Bottom