• ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Why didn't he use the fire extinguisher as a fire extinguisher and spray the shooter in the face rather than use it as a club?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I noticed the shooter chose a gun free zone. Must be why he didn't feel the need to reload after his initial volley.

How about A: Don't work in a gun free zone. then B: FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Of course that doesn't mean don't seek cover or tactical advantage.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    I prefer the San Antonio Police Department's version of this video. It deals with some of the issues that may be of interest to people on this forum:

[video=youtube;eKyLxDv9C9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKyLxDv9C9U[/video]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Watching training videos with the sound off is invaluable.

People in black t-shirts with backpacks on are ALWAYS bad news. The tighter the shirt, the worse the news. If they are bald, run. Don't ask why, just run. The news will be very bad.

Save your co-workers. Females first. (Sound on edit) Don't let them slow you down is a nice way of saying "no fatties."

Attackers are lazy. Always go up stairs, never down. They'll take the easier route.

Once out of the building, watch for other active shooters. Anyone with a messenger bag and long shorts is ok to approach, as no one so dorky looking could be involved in the plot to attack the building. If the person is in a black t-shirt or bald, refer to the first sentence again.

Once out of the building, stand immediately next to it. Because reasons.

If you can't get out:

Put a table with pastries in front of the door. Active shooters love pastries. You should be able to escape as he focuses on those delicious treats. Some co-workers (females) will become distraught because they really want a pastry, too. Unless they begin shooting, do not give them one.

Due to stress, you will lose body heat. Copiers are a good source of warmth, so huddle up next to one.

If you have a female in the group, it's best to knock her out so she'll stop loudly whining about the lost pastries. You won't do that, though. Grab a multi-cultural group of co-workers (males, and maybe one female if she seems suspiciously good at golf and has not yet whined about pastries) and pose menacingly with office supplies.

Police will arrive some time or other. They will come in two flavors, "militarized" and "civil war costume". Do not be in a toilet stall. Trust me.

When fleeing, hurriedly take off your jacket so it appears you are trying to change your appearance and blend in with other people fleeing. This is a hilarious way to get the attention of responding officers.

If you forgot to hide right next to the building, huddle behind the fire truck (which won't actually be anywhere near by until the scene is secure) because we all know firefighters are the real heroes.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Is this the current vid they are pushing at your place of business???

Very similar. Just took the training yesterday at work. I was pleased to at least see an option that didn't translate into "be a victim." I was a little put off by the "See something, say something" slogan at the end though.

I know a lot of what was on our training was probably driven by lawyers as much as anything. I do genuinely feel like my employer is trying to do the right thing, but at the same time had to chuckle that it only talked about gun violence, and no other forms of armed aggression, such as knives or other weapons that can be used in workplace violence.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I prefer the San Antonio Police Department's version of this video. It deals with some of the issues that may be of interest to people on this forum:

[video=youtube;eKyLxDv9C9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKyLxDv9C9U[/video]

i like this better as well. Improvisation is not necessary of I am wearing it on my belt. I shoot a pistol about as well as I can do anything, but I need to improvise to save a class of students that I have an legal obligation to protect. Hmmm.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    i like this better as well. Improvisation is not necessary of I am wearing it on my belt. I shoot a pistol about as well as I can do anything, but I need to improvise to save a class of students that I have an legal obligation to protect. Hmmm.

You're not special enough to be trusted with that special privilege, Mr. Not Special.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Watching training videos with the sound off is invaluable.

People in black t-shirts with backpacks on are ALWAYS bad news. The tighter the shirt, the worse the news. If they are bald, run. Don't ask why, just run. The news will be very bad.

Save your co-workers. Females first. (Sound on edit) Don't let them slow you down is a nice way of saying "no fatties."

Attackers are lazy. Always go up stairs, never down. They'll take the easier route.

Once out of the building, watch for other active shooters. Anyone with a messenger bag and long shorts is ok to approach, as no one so dorky looking could be involved in the plot to attack the building. If the person is in a black t-shirt or bald, refer to the first sentence again.

Once out of the building, stand immediately next to it. Because reasons.

If you can't get out:

Put a table with pastries in front of the door. Active shooters love pastries. You should be able to escape as he focuses on those delicious treats. Some co-workers (females) will become distraught because they really want a pastry, too. Unless they begin shooting, do not give them one.

Due to stress, you will lose body heat. Copiers are a good source of warmth, so huddle up next to one.

If you have a female in the group, it's best to knock her out so she'll stop loudly whining about the lost pastries. You won't do that, though. Grab a multi-cultural group of co-workers (males, and maybe one female if she seems suspiciously good at golf and has not yet whined about pastries) and pose menacingly with office supplies.

Police will arrive some time or other. They will come in two flavors, "militarized" and "civil war costume". Do not be in a toilet stall. Trust me.

When fleeing, hurriedly take off your jacket so it appears you are trying to change your appearance and blend in with other people fleeing. This is a hilarious way to get the attention of responding officers.

If you forgot to hide right next to the building, huddle behind the fire truck (which won't actually be anywhere near by until the scene is secure) because we all know firefighters are the real heroes.
    :lmfao:

Top Bottom