• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Big fan of Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins, the tattoo artist and rum maker. Best spiced rum out there, IMO.

I'm guessing since the man has been dead since 1973, he isn't too into making rum. It is a clothing company that is using his name and art to cash in. The rum isn't terrible though.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Didn't quite come out how it was meant:rolleyes:

Nah, I know what you meant but I've had interesting conversations with people that thought Sailor Jerry was just rum and clothing. I was sitting in class waiting for it to begin while reading a tattoo magazine that was focusing on the "good old days" and the person walked past and saw "SAILOR JERRY" at the top of a page and said something about how cool it was that people were getting tattoos based on designs from the clothing company.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Nah, I know what you meant but I've had interesting conversations with people that thought Sailor Jerry was just rum and clothing. I was sitting in class waiting for it to begin while reading a tattoo magazine that was focusing on the "good old days" and the person walked past and saw "SAILOR JERRY" at the top of a page and said something about how cool it was that people were getting tattoos based on designs from the clothing company.

This is my Sailor Jerry inspired tattoo that is a spin off of a tattoo my grandfather had that he had done while in the Navy during WWII before heading over to Iwo Jima. Modernized and more detailed but wanted something as a tribute to my grandfather
    20111123_174617.jpg

damn I need a better pic, this one is horrible and it was right after she finished.

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hey rummies! Just checking in here from the Gin Guys page. I just poured a glass of Spiced Rum and Apple Cider. Good stuff!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This is my Sailor Jerry inspired tattoo that is a spin off of a tattoo my grandfather had that he had done while in the Navy during WWII before heading over to Iwo Jima. Modernized and more detailed but wanted something as a tribute to my grandfather
    20111123_174617.jpg

damn I need a better pic, this one is horrible and it was right after she finished.

:yesway:

I've been kicking around the idea of 3 different sleeves and the one that is slightly beating out the others is a Sailor Jerry inspired one. I've thought about taking a modern twist to it by having some new school/old school combined (love the old style tattoos but I think with some color bomb, it would be an interesting twist).

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Dark Bacardi... When I was in the Phillipines in the eighties, they had a rum that went sooo well with Coke, it was like the Coke guy and the rum guy got together !

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    The Cap'n is my go-to rum. If I'm feeling fancy, it's Captain Morgan Private Stock.
    I think Kraken is ok, and Kilo Kai sucks, imo. I believe it was Gosling's black rum I saw at a bar once, tried it in 7up, it wasn't too bad. It had a seal on the label. If I see a rum I want to try, I usually try to find it in a bar before I buy a bottle. If I don't like it, I don't want it taking up space in my home bar!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    ... I believe it was Gosling's black rum I saw at a bar once, tried it in 7up, it wasn't too bad. It had a seal on the label.

Yep that Goslings. Its a dark rum, more similar to say myers or mt gay. Goes great with ginger beer, goslings even makes their own, Stormy Ginger Beer. Dark and Stormy....mmmmm

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom