• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    feet per second is NOT a measurement of time.

911 Operators measurement of time aren't always accurate either

True Story From the Meridian, Mississippi STAR

George Phillips of Meridian Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said no. Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available.

George said "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. "Hello. I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've just shot them all." Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed. One of the policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    H reminds me of the thing I used to tell my students when I was a skydiving instructor. Bascially "if your 'chute doesnt open, start pulling handles and dont give up. Fight to live, even if it kills you. Work the problem until it is gone and dont just sit there waiting to die. If we get to your corpse and ANY of your handles are still in thier pockets, we will all take turns pissing on the body." :):

The only time I jumped, during the climb one of the instructors explained terminal velocity, gave terminal velocity for a falling person, gave the height we were jumping at and then asked if anyone could calculate how long it would take us to hit the ground if our shoot didn't open. No one said much of anything so one of the other instructors answered "the rest of your life", then they opened the door. Lol

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I was born in Meridian, Mississippi :).

Really? I spent a week in Meridian in the late 90's. We went down to build a habitat house and stayed in a boys'/girls' club. We cruised around at night down there (I remember driving through Chunky one night) until one of the locals explained that it might not be the best idea for a bunch of northern college boys to drive around where they don't know in an Indiana University marked van. I also had a nice black gentleman explain to me that I was in a black store and there were white stores I should go to instead. He was very friendly about it.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    ^^^That. A list of cliche phrases is funny and all, but if we're being serious, follow that rule and you won't have to worry about it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    G-J also apply to playing paintball, except for the life and death parts.;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anonymous
    1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
    2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap – life is expensive.
    3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
    4. If your shooting stance is good, you’re probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
    5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
    6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
    7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
    8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
    9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on “pucker factor” than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. “All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket.”
    10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
    11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
    12. Have a plan.
    13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won’t work.
    14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
    15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
    16. Don’t drop your guard.
    17.Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
    18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)
    19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
    20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
    21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
    22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
    23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
    24. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than “4″.
    25. You can’t miss fast enough to win.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    They forgot 2 very important rules.
    1. Avoid a gun fight if at all possible, if not possible be faster on the draw!

And my personal favorite:
    2. Never take a knife to a gun fight

Amen to that! Papa A - you know what I went through a year ago...never again!!!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    They forgot 2 very important rules.
    Avoid a gun fight if at all possible, if not possible be faster on the draw!
    And my personal favorite:
    Never take a knife to a gun fight

I was gonna say ' if you must bring a knife to a gun fight make sure you have a gun as well.'

Last edited:
    Top Bottom