• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    If I have the order of general gun safety rules correct it's "be sure of your target and a safe background." Be warned, failure to follow this rule may result in flooding your house, as one couple in Florida found out after shooting an AR-15 at a target in their bedroom closet, missing, and hitting their washing machine. Yes, alcohol was involved. My apologies if this is a repost.

St. Lucie County woman apparently shoots rifle at target in bedroom closet and misses, nails washing machine and floods house instead - Off the Beat with Will Greenlee

Best understatement of the article: "It could be argued that firing a rifle within the confines of a bedroom is unwise."

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Man ...ya think?!?! :rolleyes:

Though, I do have to admit that I once had a dream that I did some target practice in my apartment with my (then) recently purchased Mosin. In the dream, I had the target taped up to the wall and everything (along the longest dimension of the interior, no less). So, if that's not weird enough, when I took down the target, I didn't even break the surface of the drywall! :dunno: ...must have been using those 7.62 Nerf rounds! :D

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Wow...even drunk I have never thought that would be a good idea. I dont get it. I always here about people doing dumb **** while they are drunk. Its like an excuse. I think they were dumb before they were drunk and the alcohol takes down the smallest of roadblocks in their tiny little noodles that was stopping them from doing it in the first place. I swear, some people may forget to breath if they drink.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Washing machines are actually a lot of fun to shoot at. Just not usually while they are still installed and in use. :n00b:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Phhttt, I shoot at stuff in the house all the time. Sometimes Me and my buddies get really loaded and have blindfolded machete fights, and I think all of us here would agree, that's just plain ol' fashioned FUN.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently since no charges were filed it's not a crime in St. Lucie county to get all licqored up and start blasting away in your home. Party On! :rockwoot:

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    The last line of that story got me "It wasn't immediately clear what the husband was grilling."

Apparently they had done this on several occasions before. You don't say. Morons.

Top Bottom