• kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    ....well i broke rule #4 today
    i went to the range (aka my backyard) for some pistol shooting
    i was getting all prepped and ready...went down range to get my targets set up. I pulled out my paper targets and held on to the carboard box as i stapled them to the box....well i ended up stapling my own finger...

So remember everyone, even staple Guns can hurt you if you dont follow all the rules

I hope you all learned an important lesson from my stupidity
    kwood

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    I stapled my finger the other day holding this fancy new fangled staple gun backwards. I was like "why the heck isn't this thing working"!? I have girly weak little hands, and grabbed it around what i thought was the bottom to get some more leverage to squeeze, and sent a staple straight into the joint of my finger! Bled like crazy as soon as i pulled the staple out too.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I stapled my finger the other day holding this fancy new fangled staple gun backwards. I was like "why the heck isn't this thing working"!? I have girly weak little hands, and grabbed it around what i thought was the bottom to get some more leverage to squeeze, and sent a staple straight into the joint of my finger! Bled like crazy as soon as i pulled the staple out too.

Damn power shots! First time I used one, I did the same thing hanging insulation in a buddy's garage. Why isn't this funky looking thing working?!? POW! Staple in the palm! Buddy came out laughing as he did the same thing earlier in the day, and didn't tell me to see if I'd do it too!

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    :ar15:I think that most of us have done somithing stupid like that at one time or another . I put a penny on a tree one time and backed away about twenty five feet and shot it with a .22 . The bullet came back and hit me in the shoulder. I never thought that would happen !:rockwoot:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Thats why I made a pvc frame with clips that sets in front of our back stop. I can feel you pain on that one. Was framing a few years back making sofits shot a nail right through my hand thankfully it just went through the skin between my thumb and index finger, did not bleed a lot but hurt like heck. I went out and checked my power shot it has black arrows indicatng the stape comes out here but still in my opinion they are a backward design.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Yep. Mine was a power shot too, and i saw the arrows AFTER the staple was in my finger! Stupid mistake on my part but i sure got a good laugh out of it. Thing works great when your holding it the right direction though!

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    When staple guns are outlawed only klutz's will have staple guns.;)

Hope your OK, that sounds like something I would do.

mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    Yep, staple guns are dangerous...i think it's time the government stepped in and limited the amount of staples one can hold to 10!

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    Yep, staple guns are dangerous...i think it's time the government stepped in and limited the amount of staples one can hold to 10!

Iv been there
    Iv seem the damage these staple guns can do
    They dismember bodies and shoot imploding staples
    They need to be taken off every hardware store shelf immidiately
    It's just common sense

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Has anyone sent this to 'brilliant' Joe Biden, current VP of these United States? Last I heard, he wasn't real worried about what might be behind your target...much less your door or off your porch?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ....well i broke rule #4 today
    i went to the range (aka my backyard) for some pistol shooting
    i was getting all prepped and ready...went down range to get my targets set up. I pulled out my paper targets and held on to the carboard box as i stapled them to the box....well i ended up stapling my own finger...

So remember everyone, even staple Guns can hurt you if you dont follow all the rules

I hope you all learned an important lesson from my stupidity
    kwood

Knew a woman that made Christmas wreaths. Called me over one day to remove one from her thigh.

Yeah, you read that right. She'd stapled (used to staple the bent branches to backing boards) the back board (thin lathing) to her thigh.

Wanted to remove it before her husband came home and saw her, LMAO!

Not sure HOW she ever explained that to her hubby. Looked like a vampire had bit her on the thigh, LOL.

So, you're NOT alone, kwood! :D

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I need to see a picture of the staple guns you guys were using backwards... I can't find one on google I could see myself accidentally using backwards......

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Look on the bright side, at least you using a framing nailer:D 16 penny nails hurt:(

mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    Knew a woman that made Christmas wreaths. Called me over one day to remove one from her thigh.

Yeah, you read that right. She'd stapled (used to staple the bent branches to backing boards) the back board (thin lathing) to her thigh.

Wanted to remove it before her husband came home and saw her, LMAO!

Not sure HOW she ever explained that to her hubby. Looked like a vampire had bit her on the thigh, LOL.

So, you're NOT alone, kwood! :D

I'm pretty sure his reaction would have been a lot worse if he walked in and saw you anywhere near her thighs:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom