• mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    vertruger7717hornetimg.jpg
    :wwub:

I'm guessing that this is not a beginner rifle, but I don't own one yet, so I don't know. It sure does look nice though.
    Real Guns - Ruger's 77/17 17 Hornet

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    Ok, I guess I should have formed this as a question. Is this rifle suitable for a beginner? Not that I'll actually be shooting any "varmints".

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I bought a 77/357 for deer hunting a year ago. I really like the rifle. It is solid, functions well and shoots very well. I don't think you can find a better rifle in a 5 lb package for the money.

Never shot one in .17 but I would li ke to.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Different guns

This is another of the many "what ya' gonna' use it for" answers. You may have noted the author of the Ruger write-up mentioned it was a little muzzle heavy. Most 24" barreled varminters are at least "a little" muzzle heavy. The reason is they are intended to be shot off a rest. If you're planning on shooting off-hand or toting the gun around much, I would consider the Savage a better option. Many people consider Savages to be ugly. The Model 25 certainly fits that category, IMO, but it's a Savage and, therefore, can be expected to shoot very well.

I am wondering if the Ruger is actually available, yet. Last I knew the Savages were not.

Top Bottom