• ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I have been thinking about getting the SR9C. I have the SR9 and love it. I think I am convinced.

From what I've read, you should be pleasantly surprised by the trigger on the SR9c. They did a in-depth rework on it from the original full size SR9's. I guess they had a lot of complaints initially. I have never fired a full size SR9 so I cannot comment directly.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Thanks for letting me shoot your new pistol It looks good, feels good,and the trigger seems to work for me. Most important of all it shoots good and now I want one. Thanks again

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I appreciate the heads up, it is really up to her but I have been putting together a list of 9mm pistols that fit into her purse.

Im sorry I didnt mean to say it was too stiff for your girl. I had edited my post before I submitted it and didnt read it all before posting it. I actually meant to say it was too stiff for my wife to rack the slide.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Does the spring loosen up with some use? I was checking one out at the Outdoorsman and I couldn't get the slide back far enough to engage the slide lock. My hands sweat 24/7 and that was part of the problem but the spring was super stiff. Or more than likely I'm just a big wuss.

Thanks for the range review. My dad recently got his LTCH and is asking for my guidance in selecting a handgun. I'm seriously looking to point him in the direction of the SR9 or SR9c because it fits into his budget. I think he's more interested in a home defense gun but I could see him carrying it from time to time.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Does the spring loosen up with some use? I was checking one out at the Outdoorsman and I couldn't get the slide back far enough to engage the slide lock. My hands sweat 24/7 and that was part of the problem but the spring was super stiff..

It feels lighter after some use and a good cleaning/lube. It's still pretty stiff. I read other reports online that note that it lightens up as well. I wouldn't expect too much out of it though.

As far as the slide slipping in your hands, the SR9c has really defined serrations (retraction grooves) that provide excellent grip. Almost too much. The serrations are pretty sharp on the edges. They could be buffed slightly if this is an issue for you. I heard the black slide version is not quite so sharp due to the coating.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Thanks for the reply Bogus. If you don't mind I may try to meet up with you down at Atterbury and put some rounds down range and see how I like it. My dad will be coming down quite a bit in October and if we can arrange to meet up one of those weekends I would appreciate it. He wants to shoot my G19 but for the money he wants to spend I think the SR9 or SR9c is the route for him to go.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Thanks for the reply Bogus. If you don't mind I may try to meet up with you down at Atterbury and put some rounds down range and see how I like it. My dad will be coming down quite a bit in October and if we can arrange to meet up one of those weekends I would appreciate it. He wants to shoot my G19 but for the money he wants to spend I think the SR9 or SR9c is the route for him to go.

Sure! I'm only about 10 minutes or so from Atterbury. Send me a PM sometime and let me know when you guys are going and I'll try to meet you there.

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I have cleaned and lubed this three times now applying a coat of Eezox and Tetra grease to all contact areas. I have applied Tetra grease the the slide and rails each time as well. I can already tell a huge difference in the pistol from the first time out through the third. I hope it will only keep getting better.

:)[/quote]

Not sure if this is how you quote on this forum or not,, but, I will find out I guess.....

Bogus,,, I like your report.
    I have the SR9 only in the full version. (so far I've been playing with the 115 g) started @ 10 yrds and now @ 20 yds. Not too bad.. Mostly me though I think. :(
    You don't mention the yardage or I missed it in there somewhere. lol
    I have your quote here and see you mention some grease and such. I'm fairly new to this kind of shooting.. So, my question in this post is where does a person find this Eezox & Tetra grease ? ANY run of the mill gun shop ?

Thanks again for the report.. Enjoyed it !

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Well, I guess I did something wrong with my QUOTE.. lol Any helpful advice greatly appreciated.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I picked up the Eezox online from MidwayUSA.com. The Tetra grease can be found there as well. I got my grease from Rural King here in Columbus for $4.99.

If by your handle (47274) to happen to be from the Seymour area, you might try Acme. Not sure what they have in lubes. Those two are just what I'm currently using. I'm sure any good lube will do just fine. The Rural King in Columbus carries both the Tetra oil and grease. Both are supposed to be excellent.

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I picked up the Eezox online from MidwayUSA.com. The Tetra grease can be found there as well. I got my grease from Rural King here in Columbus for $4.99.

If by your handle (47274) to happen to be from the Seymour area, you might try Acme. Not sure what they have in lubes. Those two are just what I'm currently using. I'm sure any good lube will do just fine. The Rural King in Columbus carries both the Tetra oil and grease. Both are supposed to be excellent.
    Yes, I'm from Seymour,, I'll have to give Acme a visit and check with Steve, Joe or Clint on this stuff. I'm not in Columbus much.. But, my wife and I do frequent Rural King time to time for Bird Feed supplies. Thanks for the reply.

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    You just have to click on the "quote" and then make sure your response starts below the actual quote.
    Thanks E'villeGunner !!! I clicked on this when I was going to quote on Bogus' report,, but, it showed the WHOLE thing in the quote and I didn't figure there was any reason to put the whole thing up in a quote. My wife is on a forum and I think you can highlight just the sentence you want to quote. That didn't work for me here.... So, at least you've helped me out on this aspect of quoting in a post.. Thanks again. :D

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Enjoyed reading your report. I have been lusting after the SR9c ever since I got my full size SR9. It is my EDC and is very comfortable. I imagine the compact version is even better.
    I do wish my SR9 had the front retraction grooves that the SR9c has.
    Also, my trigger was very, very heavy when I first got it. Felt like a 10 lb pull. But after 400 plus rounds it is much better. I am looking into a upgrade from Ghost for the trigger. Glad to hear that you haven't had any trigger issues with the compact version.
    The SR9 just seems to fit my hand perfectly. I think they are a great gun for the money.
    I saw a GM in a USPSA video and I think he was shooting an SR9c.
    If they come out with an OD green version I will have to buy one. Enjoyed the pictures too. Thanks.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Thanks for the report.

Hopefully they will come out with the SR9c in OD/Black, if so it will match our full size SR9.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    My step dad picked up the SR9 a few weeks back and after shooting his I had to get one,but I CC everyday so I went for the compact.Picked up a SR9C last weekend and have put about 200 rounds thru it.There is a difference in the trigger pull and so far the SR9C can keep up with its big brother on accuracy and I believe it's the lighter trigger pull making it easy to keep up.
    I carry mine in a slide thru Tagua holster and really like how it fits and rides.

Do believe I'm off to put some more rounds down range with it now lol

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Oh,for anyone that has a SR9 or SR9C and wants a lighter tripper pull Ghost Inc makes a drop in 3.5lb trigger connector for them.So far have read nothing but positive things about them and the price is right.Around 20-30 bucks

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom