• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone know the recommended replacement schedule for a Ruger SR9 recoil spring assembly? The manual doesn't address it, the Ruger website parts department only carries spring/guide rods for compact models. Surely they don't consider this a lifetime part. I checked INGO's archives and the Ruger Forum without luck. I may have to call them as a last resort.

Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    I would say it depends on amount of use. Otherwise, if it's less than ten years old it shouldn't need it. When you start experiencing feeding issues that's when you start looking. I know Ruger is a reliable brand. My wife has a P94 that is about 12 years old and has never needed a new part. Take this for what it's worth.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I've only had it for a couple of years but it has about 3000 rounds fired. It has been very reliable until the last couple of trips when it had a stovepipe towards the end of each session.

Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    I'm thinking get ahead of the game and replace it. Contact a Ruger associate and see if they have it in stock/for sale. It should come with an OEM warranty at that point. Bradis Guns might also be able to help you.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Getting ahead of the game was my intent but finding the part may be more difficult than I thought. I can buy a stainless steel guide rod with spring assembly from Galloway but as noted above, Ruger doesn't even offer the part in their catalogue. I'll call them tomorrow and see if they can send me a spring assembly but from what I've read Ruger usually wants you to send them the gun and that just seems silly for a recoil spring.

Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    I agree that would be a bit much for a recoil spring. I have mixed feelings about aftermarket parts. I like doing custom work; but keeping OEM warranty is also desirable.

Top Bottom