• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Any ideas of what holsters would be compatible with the Ruger SR9. Looking particular for a Leather Pancake holster. There seems to be a lack of information on the subject according to Google.

Any info on the subject would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Andrew Heath

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How about holsters made for glock 17, 22, 31 any input as to cross compatibility of those holsters or of other firearms in a similar size?

Thanks,
    Andrew Heath

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    How about holsters made for glock 17, 22, 31 any input as to cross compatibility of those holsters or of other firearms in a similar size?

Thanks,
    Andrew Heath

Hi Andrew....

I can certainly help you with a holster for the SR9...both the MasonDixon and the Ghost IWB are well suited to carry that firearm.

As for "cross compatibility" in holsters from one firearm to another....from a maker let me say this is a bad practice...and NOT just because it is one less holster I, or another maker, will sell. The situation involves the useful life of the holster. If you choose a maker that does not bone and detail the holster well (look at my holsters to see truly detailed molding) then you will certainly be able to swap a Sig into a Glock holster perhaps, or the other way around. However, doing this in a holster such as mine will quickly destroy the molding contours leaving you with less retention for the original firearm, and marginal coverage of the other firearm. Do it long enough and you will have a holster that does not work for either firearm. In most cases it will void any manufactures warranty, too.

I hope this explanation sheds some additional light on the subject.

Take care! :wavey:

Brock

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    just put in my order for a kholster for my SR9 - $35 shipped! It's not listed on the website so i sent him a message and got a quick response that he does do the SR9. Had a hard time swallowing $70-$80 for a super tuck or mtac for my first carry holster.

Top Bottom