• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Bought one for my 9 year old sons birthday and we took it out to Jasper Pulaski this morning for the first time to shoot it.

We had a ball shooting that thing! Such a comfortable little gun to plink with. We nearly went through a box of 525!

Did have a couple of failures to chamber the next round but I am not asking it to be flawless out of the box literally. I was seriously shocked at how much fun that little gun was. Perfect is all I could think of for showing new shooters how to properly work with and respect the firearm with not much recoil at all.

Now to get my wife out there with it.... :D

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I have one, and I have taught a few people how to shoot with it. When the weather is a little nicer, I plan to get my daughter out to learn on it as well.

Great gun.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have a Ruger 22/45 lite , it is a blast to shoot Ruger makes a good gun, now if only we could buy ammo we could even have more fun

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Would be nice if mine would shoot anything! The only thing it will run is CCI mini mags atleast that is what the Ruger tech says. I tried 4 different types of ammo and had FTEs like crazy. Around 4-7 every mag. Been to Ruger twice and tech cannot get the gun to malfunction using mini mags and states that using bulk ammo will cause the gun to malfunction. It can't even get the spent brass out of the chamber and is shaving the top off the next round.

This time they sent a new mag back with the gun, that's great as it happened with both magazines.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. Really pisses me off that they aren't doing anything. Neither is the big box store we bought it from either.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I paid $400 out the door. I know it was more than average but I had to have it in time for my sons birthday. One of the big benefits I've seen with them is that they aren't picky on what they shoot so not sure what's going on with yours Exodus.

I still can't get over how fun it was to shoot. Still have grins on our faces. :)

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    $349+tax at Acme sport in Seymour. Thats what i paid 3wks ago. My gf loves it. We were at Atterbury range today shooting it. Great gun..fun to shoot.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I love my SR-22's. Very well made little plinker! I have one with just at 1000rnds that has been totally reliable. Had a couple of FTE in the first 50rnds, but cleaned it and have not looked back. I will attribute those to break in. Mine will cycle all the cheap bulk ammo just fine.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Tried Winchester Xpert high velocity, wwb, federal lightning, Remington thunderbolt and nothing ran. The Remington was the best about three fte per mag.

Went to ruger this last time with a spent brass stuck in the chamber.

2011ford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Guess I got one of the good ones! Still new, less than 100 rounds, but fun to shoot and a 7 inch shot pattern from 25 feet. Would like to believe I can get better. Has shot anything bulk ammo I have used, no problems.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Tried Winchester Xpert high velocity, wwb, federal lightning, Remington thunderbolt and nothing ran. The Remington was the best about three fte per mag.

Went to ruger this last time with a spent brass stuck in the chamber.

It would be interesting to see if a very light buffing with some flitz of the chamber would help yours any.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    It would be interesting to see if a very light buffing with some flitz of the chamber would help yours any.

I was going to wait and pick it up sat after idpa but I think I might drive down today and get it so that I can mess with it as I'm off the rest of the week.

Top Bottom