• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Boy oh boy, classic "kit gun". If a guy needed a handy little working gun in the woods that would be just the ticket.

My single ten and Browning Buckmark were the only 22 pistols that survived the great gun safe purge of 2013. I really like those Rugers.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Yeah, the 327FM would be a great woods roaming gun and if some rifles were available maybe the cartridge would take off.
    The old 32-20 was utilized as much or more in long guns as in handguns, the 327 could be a handy little combo for varmints and small game. I'd like to see a falling block or even break open single shot rifle as well as some lever choices.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Break action would be cool: .327 Fed, 32 H&R Mag, 32 S&W Long, .32 S&W and (theoretically and I have done it but don't do it) .32 acp.

ETA Interesting, just read the Lipsey's write up and they include .32 acp, cool.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, the 327FM would be a great woods roaming gun and if some rifles were available maybe the cartridge would take off.
    The old 32-20 was utilized as much or more in long guns as in handguns, the 327 could be a handy little combo for varmints and small game. I'd like to see a falling block or even break open single shot rifle as well as some lever choices.

I bet it would be a whole other animal out of a rifle ballistic wise as well..The difference between a .357 out of a revolver compared to a rifle is one helluva jump in power!!!

BTW any rain in St. Croix this week? I have finally learned to appreciate the old axom, "You don't miss your water 'til the well runs dry.":):

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I bet it would be a whole other animal out of a rifle ballistic wise as well..The difference between a .357 out of a revolver compared to a rifle is one helluva jump in power!!!

BTW any rain in St. Croix this week? I have finally learned to appreciate the old axom, "You don't miss your water 'til the well runs dry.":):

We had a 5 minute toad strangler then maybe 15 minutes of showers yesterday.
    You know maybe a Ruger 77/327 stainless bolt gun would be cool too.
    One of the Timberwolf pumps would be great , just like the 32-20 pump guns of yore.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We had a 5 minute toad strangler then maybe 15 minutes of showers yesterday.
    You know maybe a Ruger 77/327 stainless bolt gun would be cool too.
    One of the Timberwolf pumps would be great , just like the 32-20 pump guns of yore.

I always wanted a Timberwolf in .357 magnum.....

Well if me, you and Snorko ever find ourselves CEO's of a gun manufacturer the Company would go broke in a year and the Board of Stockholders would say to us, "You know you three have come up with gun ideas and the only ones sold were to you three and all of you requested employee discounts on the weapons purchased....What do you have to say for yourselves?"

Us in unison...."Sirs and Madams.....It's tough being Renaisance men in the 21st Century....So do we get a greenlight on our airweight lever action in 9mm with the rail on the botom or what? We need one to go with our compact 9mm's...":D

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    ....So do we get a greenlight on our airweight lever action in 9mm with the rail on the botom or what?

Sadly yesterday I was looking into how I might add a small rail section to my chopped, shortened Teflon coated green Marlin 336 for a flashlight. The one project I've done which may send me to Hell.

And yes, we three in charge of a gun company brings to mind the Simpsons episode where Homer took over an auto manufacturer.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    It would appear the comrades at Lipseys too are , if not renaissance men at least have a fondness for the classic . I'm a bit surprised they didn't have a batch of SP101s made up too. Perhaps in time.
    I think your airweight 9mm lever gun w/ rails..... well not airweight and not 9mm but you can have the rails.

images

Top Bottom