• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Very reliable and relatively inexpensive. Not the best for concealed carry due to the weight, but can be a very good first gun or used for home defense. Good choice in the right circumstances.

Dwhizzle74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Not to sure about the p95 but I had a p89 and I gotta say that it was the best firing gun I've owned I really don't see why people put ruger down there cheap accurate and fairly easy to maintain if the price is right get it

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

I have an early P95 and can't be happier. Remembering it is a full size pistol, it isn't the easiest carry, but mine has been 100% reliable and fairly accurate in my hands with eyes that are showing their age.

I can highly recommend it!

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Will probably last a few lifetimes ,Its been said that they are built like a tank & are pretty hefty but very reliable.Id take a Ruger P series over the S&W Sigma series

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Like already stated built like a tank and very reliable, a little on the large and heavy side for some for EDC, but not impossible. P95 was my first handgun and I still have it to this day. Nice handguns in my opinion :yesway:

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    Cant go wrong with P series Rugers! I loved my P90. A bit too heavy for carry purposes but great for a nightstand gun.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I picked up a bitone P95 at Elmore's for $335 just this week. Took it to MCFG yesterday and killed a lot of paper. The gun is a bit bulky and with a full magazine a bit heavy but it shoot very well, accurate and comfortable with the big grip and wieght there in not a real recoil issue. While it is a lot larger than the PF9 I was using for edc I like it a lot better and will continue to carry it at least for a while.
    I don't believe after this short test drive that you could get a better pistol for the money.:twocents:

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just got one last week from Bradis and I'm loving it. I went with a buddy who bought a glock 19. Needless to say he spent quite a bit more but after going to mcfg we were shot for shot. The p95 has a lot less recoil than the glock and about the same size. The p95 is wider and a bit heavier but I like that, it feels solid. I've put 150 rounds through it and after the first 100 my groups really started to tighten up. I've used winchester bulk and blazers and had not one failure. I think for the money it is a great choice.:yesway:

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I have2 a p97 stainless in .45. Got it new for 359 some 5or6 yrs ago. Its definitely one of the smoothest guns I've fired. Very little recoil,like others have said the the thing is heavy as hell. +1 here

OS3-USN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Franklin, IN
    A P95 is my EDC. I love this gun. It is a bit bulky, but if you aren't petite it shouldn't be a problem. I've shot about 1000 rounds through it and never had a problem.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I have2 a p97 stainless in .45. Got it new for 359 some 5or6 yrs ago. Its definitely one of the smoothest guns I've fired. Very little recoil,like others have said the the thing is heavy as hell. +1 here

Had my 97 forever. Had a small issue with it, sent it back to Ruger, who were wonderful, and they fixed it for free of course. It's a nice 45 to have.:yesway:

YogiRC51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I've got around 750 rounds through my p95. At around 500 it wouldn't extract the round. Ruger was great paid for the shipping/fixed it for free and had it back to before they promised. Can't the Sherman....a p95.

Top Bottom