• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Do a search. Any given thread about Ruger Revolvers or P-series autos will contain the phrase "built like a tank" at least once, if not multiple times by multiple posters. :):
    I sometimes reply with something to the effect that tanks would be much better off if they were built like Ruger firearms. I have driven and maintained tanks. I may and/or may not own one or more Rugers.

ah1g

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    I have a Walther PPK/S and a P90. I prefer the P90. Have never had a problem with it. Very dependable.:ingo:

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    Another happy P series owner here. Had a P89 for years and now I have a P95. The P89 was my training gun and went through 4000 rounds with zero issues. The P95 is my HD gun as has been through 1000 rounds, again with no issues. Great for OC but a pain for CC.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I have a KP97DC .45 that is built like a....errr....heavy duty, tracked military vehicle.

Very reliable, accurate, weight eats up recoil nicely and even easy to take apart & clean.

Trigger is just OK though. Also, Not my carry gun - too durn big.

MillerIU

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Wabash
    I had a p90dc and the gun never miss-fired once but then again, I couldnt hit anything with it either!. Swaped it for a glock. Hope I didn't start anything when I said glock!,,,hehehe!

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Detroit
    I have a P89 which was my first handgun. She has seen 5000+ rounds with out a FTF,FTE, Or any other malfunctions. Keep in mind these are the same design just different calibers.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I have a P89 which was my first handgun. She has seen 5000+ rounds with out a FTF,FTE, Or any other malfunctions. Keep in mind these are the same design just different calibers.

Close to my story but I had the rubber hogues with finger grooves. Carried it concealed for @ 10 years. Tank for a Ruger is like calling a Glock 21 an aircraft carrier with sights. It isn't stereotyping if it is true!
    Great all around choice for a traditional hammer/trigger at that price point.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Never had a problem w/a P90. The one with which I've had some experience has a great trigger; better than the several stock SIGs and Glocks with which it has been compared. I've heard reports the other way as well however, so I suggest checking out the trigger on any particular P90 in which you may be interested. Apparently they can vary quite a bit.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Detroit
    Close to my story but I had the rubber hogues with finger grooves. Carried it concealed for @ 10 years. Tank for a Ruger is like calling a Glock 21 an aircraft carrier with sights. It isn't stereotyping if it is true!
    Great all around choice for a traditional hammer/trigger at that price point.

I also have the Hogue Grip.... I agree if you want a nice gun at a great price Ruger's P series is one to consider. OP good luck on your purchase.

lancinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2009
    Dekalb County NE indiana
    i have a P90, good, reliable, no problems. a little big bit it functions well and mine is the delux model and came with factory aftermarket grips and feels good in the hands and shoots really nice.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I have a KP95 DAO as my home pistol.
    Not the prettiest girl at the dance and a LONG trigger pull.
    Eats everything I've fed it since Y2K.
    No safeties besides that LONG trigger pull which I appreciate for a nightstand piece.
    Slide lock is very easy to operate.
    Did I mention it has a LONG trigger pull.

Your results with a non DAO will likely differ.

JMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Franklin
    Love my P90. It is big and hard to carry concealed, but it will eat anything I run through it. I've had close to 1000 rounds through mine now and not a single FTF

Top Bottom