• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Laporte
    My 22/45 has about 600 rounds through it. Last two times out it does not want to feed the last 1 or 2 rounds from the magazine. If I drop the magazine and just push the spring down a little and re-insert the magazine, many times it will then feed. I have 3 magazines doing the same thing. I clean everything after shooting. I would appreciate any ideas on what may cause this.

ipswervy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Somewhere Indiana
    I had a similar problem with my M&P 45c. I had tried to fill the mags to the max and bent the spring inside. Disassembled, straightened spring, reassembled and have never had a problem since. I also don't max my magazine anymore.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Did you clean the mags? If you are using lead ammo or even jacketed ammo with any sort of wax coating or lubricant on them, you will get a buildup inside the mag body that causes a bit of drag that is most likely to cause a FTF when the spring is under less tension.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Dont know how many rounds been thru mine. But its in the thousands. Havent had any gun problems with it other than a few low powered ammo issues.

Smoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Laporte
    It has all been jacketed ammo. I did not clean the magazines with any chemicals, just a brush. I guess I can try cleaning them better, or not at all and see what happens.

Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    I have four mags for my 22-45. Ever since I put the Vulquatsen Mark ii guts inside, 2 of the four mags have problems feeding. It seems the first round is not high enough on the angle to feed... Haven't dug into the fix yet, if you are Looking into upgrades, I would highly recommend these. Next up is the Tactical Solutions barrel.

KW12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Northside Indy
    This is a bit off topic, but what's decent (and cheap!) WalMart ammo for these? They had Remington GB, Federal, and Winchester, at pretty much same price.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I pretty well exclusively buy Federal for bulk ammo. My personal experience has been that it seems to run all of my .22s much better than any of the other stuff, namely the Winchester.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    What type of ammo are you using? Sounds like a magazine problem more than anything else. In the manual there is a part to clean mag I'm thinking. I run Federal bulk last time no problems.

Smoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Laporte
    Most of the ammo has been Remington Golden Bullet and some CCI. Had the same issue with both. As I stated it just started recently. I have not had time to try anything yet. I may clean the magazines real good and try again this weekend.

Top Bottom