• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    I picked up a Ruger MKIII Target in stainless steel this weekend. I put 200 rounds through it today and had a blast doing it. I was firing the cheap Federal 22lr ammo that I picked up at the 1500 and had one fte. I feel way better about my shooting abilities (still not very good) with this pistol over my G19......again, not a great shooter but I like to hit what I'm aiming at.

Like I said, I had a blast.........the only down side was frequent stops to load more mags..........so I just ordered two more mags and one of the ultimate speed loaders someone on the site recommended. They should be here by the weekend.

Thanks for all the information. I think I'm really going to enjoy the Ruger!

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I handled a friend's MkIII Stainless Target w/ the fluted barrel and cocobolo grips...all I can say is NICE! Nice heavy gun, I'm going to get one after I find a nice 5906 to buy :cool:

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    My daughter has one that I just put a Tactical Solutions upper on and it rocks. The barrel now weighs nothing and it really helped the balance of the gun.

It is hard to beat a Ruger Mark 2 or 3 for having fun.

beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    I have a MKIII hunter, love the gun, absolutley hate the truglo sights. Ordered the u-notch blade from ruger and the post front sight, hoping that helps out. friend has the plain jane MKIII and I shoot way better with it than my hunter. Hopefully get my sights this week and get everything lined out. You will like the mag loader mine works very well, I was very pleased with it for $17.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I have the same gun. I put a Volquartsen trigger and extractor in it and bought 8 extra mags. I probably shoot that gun more than any other I own.
    Yes. The Volquartsen accurizing kit is very nice. I liked mine before, and like it twice as much now.
    It almost always comes to the range with me.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I picked up a Ruger MKIII Target in stainless steel this weekend. I put 200 rounds through it today and had a blast doing it. I was firing the cheap Federal 22lr ammo that I picked up at the 1500 and had one fte. I feel way better about my shooting abilities (still not very good) with this pistol over my G19......again, not a great shooter but I like to hit what I'm aiming at.

Like I said, I had a blast.........the only down side was frequent stops to load more mags..........so I just ordered two more mags and one of the ultimate speed loaders someone on the site recommended. They should be here by the weekend.

Thanks for all the information. I think I'm really going to enjoy the Ruger!

It is a great gun, just steer clear of the Remington bulk ammo at Walmart. The Mark II I shot would not feed it at all, it had no problems with the Federal bulk pack from Walmart though.

Top Bottom